Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone have the spec's on a Hotchkis lower control arm without the bushing in it or the specs of a hotchkis bushing for their lower control arms. I'm almost positive they are Hotchkis. they are the same design and have a fluted bushing like Hotchkis Lower Control arms. I just want to make sure so I dont order the wrong bushings. The guy I bought them off of said they came on his car and didn't know what kind they were. Wow sometimes everything is such a hassle. These are the control arms in the pic

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those are Mac performance control arms, I have the same ones. I used these bushings when I replaced mine.(from what I understand the mac and the hotchkis are pretty much the same)

Mac Performance - performance accessories for cars, trucks, and motorcycles
Okay thanks. How can you tell they are MAC? I got the specs for Hotchkis LCA's bushings and they will fit fine so I thought they were Hotchkis especially since the bushings in them were fluted like the Hotchkis ones?

·
Registered
510 Posts
Okay thanks. How can you tell they are MAC? I got the specs for Hotchkis LCA's bushings and they will fit fine so I thought they were Hotchkis especially since the bushings in them were fluted like the Hotchkis ones?
I can tell they are MAC because they are just like mine, and hotchkis ones have a big white "Hotchkis" sticker on them(could have been removed tho) either set of bushings will work so its up to you.

Here is a set of mac arms, as you can see they look just liek yours

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can tell they are MAC because they are just like mine, and hotchkis ones have a big white "Hotchkis" sticker on them(could have been removed tho) either set of bushings will work so its up to you.

Here is a set of mac arms, as you can see they look just liek yours

Awesome thanks alot for your replies I appreciate it. Ya I thought maybe just the Hotchkis sticker was removed and Hotchkis told me MAC had copied the Hotchkis design and that Hotchkis bushings would also work in the MAC LCA's. Did these control arms make a noticeable difference on your Car?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I just replaced my bushings last night due to them busting & then I ran up on this post LoL.
From my researching the

Mac upper & lower kit is listed as mac-27998 kit,
Latemodel resto "had" the mac kit listed & also had just the lowers listed with no name as lrs-5649b.
(Found part#s out of some of there older parts books)

Hotchkis 1311 (Black) & 1311R (RED) look the same as the MACs except Hotchkis has a sticker.

I used the LRS-5649BK bushing kit from Latemodel resto.

UPDATE 2014
I see that Latemodel resto part#s dont exist any longer but did find the Hotchkis arm part#s has changed to 1314 (BLACK) & 1314R (RED)
They show replacement bushings as part# 1304RB

Connecting the 2
Treads Here

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just replaced my bushings last night due to them busting & then I ran up on this post LoL.
From my researching the
Mac upper & lower kit is listed as mac-27998 kit,
Latemodel resto "had" the mac kit listed & then had the lowers listed with no name as lrs-5649b. (got part#s out of some of there older parts books)
Hotchkis 1311R looks the same but with a sticker added.

(I only listed the part#s for the red control arms & not the black)

I used the LRS-5649BK bushing kit.
Thanks alot very informative!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts