Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

I have dual 38mm wastegates with ports at the bottom and at the top. I'm running a single 76mm turbo with a manual boost controller.

So I run a pressure line from the turbo housing to both lower portions of the wastegates and also a T to the boost controller from the same line. Then from the boost controller it Ts off on to the top ports of the wastegates correct?

like this http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h151/austin_088/3861917F-BB51-4327-820D-4CB0E52A4048_zpsne9qg9mc.png

is this correct? I plan on shooting for around 18psi or so with my 4.6 DOHC motor. Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
If using a manual controller, I think you would come off of the turbo to the boost controller and then tee into both of the bottom ports of the wastegates. You would leave the top ports open to atmosphere. Someone will correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks

·
Registered
753 Posts
If using a manual controller, I think you would come off of the turbo to the boost controller and then tee into both of the bottom ports of the wastegates. You would leave the top ports open to atmosphere. Someone will correct me if I am wrong.
Correct.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
It has to do with failure. With Daniel's suggestion (not incorrect by any means), if the controller fails (more plausible on solenoids) or clogs, the gates wont see boost and won't open, causing dangerous overboost. On the first configuration posted by OP, if the noid or MBC fails, it defaults back to spring pressure, keeping things safe. Both methods are used, both work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts