Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering what u guys think my set up will make on dyno , and what i should shift the car at .

set up is a stock block 351 .30over , dish pistons, custom comp cam, pro comp 210s , manley valves and guides, heavier springs and ports cleaned up, 1.6 rockers , edlebrock performer rpm 2 intake , 75mm throttle body , vortech s trim with 2.87 pulley and i believe 6 inch crank pulley . snow meth kit with 60lb injectors and computer is holley efi hp , all through an aod. what do u think car should make to the tire and what would be best to shift the car at and be safe?

·
Registered
999 Posts
I hate these posts. Its like no one does research before they throw parts on their car and just buy a pile of stuff and lets it sit and asks what it should do if they can ever get it done.
Anyway, my guess is 640/625. If you dont get close to that, you are doing something very wrong.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
No idea on the power you can expect, but I don't think the AOD will survive without substantial fortifications.

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Wondering what u guys think my set up will make on dyno , and what i should shift the car at .

set up is a stock block 351 .30over , dish pistons, custom comp cam, pro comp 210s , manley valves and guides, heavier springs and ports cleaned up, 1.6 rockers , edlebrock performer rpm 2 intake , 75mm throttle body , vortech s trim with 2.87 pulley and i believe 6 inch crank pulley . snow meth kit with 60lb injectors and computer is holley efi hp , all through an aod. what do u think car should make to the tire and what would be best to shift the car at and be safe?
Since no one knows the cam being used, head flow, or anything important I'm sure no one could guess.

You just have a .030 351W, not .30.

The S trim compressor flow will ultimately be the limit. Since it is an s trim and not an si, it will probably limit around 550-600 HP if you do everything else properly and don't add choke points.

I had a difficult time making 700 with an si in a stick shift and I used good plumbing, heads, and cam.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hate these posts. Its like no one does research before they throw parts on their car and just buy a pile of stuff and lets it sit and asks what it should do if they can ever get it done.
Anyway, my guess is 640/625. If you dont get close to that, you are doing something very wrong.
i did my research and alot of people with similar set ups where making 600-650 to the tire, sorry for posting it i just wanted other peoples opinion

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Since no one knows the cam being used, head flow, or anything important I'm sure no one could guess.

You just have a .030 351W, not .30.

The S trim compressor flow will ultimately be the limit. Since it is an s trim and not an si, it will probably limit around 550-600 HP if you do everything else properly and don't add choke points.

I had a difficult time making 700 with an si in a stick shift and I used good plumbing, heads, and cam.
i apologize for that error , its v1 not sure if its an si or not, im working so i cant check about that and the cam card , but it made 15lbs on old set up, on the track and on dyno , its got the boost tube with bigger vortech bypass valve , 1/3/4 to 3 inch collector , full 3 inch exhaust , flow numbers on heads is still a mystery also

·
Registered
41 Posts
OP. It's obvious you are bragging your build. Good for you. Why not? Some people are gonna be haters and make excuses this and that. Congrats and let us know.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OP. It's obvious you are bragging your build. Good for you. Why not? Some people are gonna be haters and make excuses this and that. Congrats and let us know.
not at all , my build is literally nothing compared to some of the builds on this forum , I just wanted other opionion before she gets tuned , that is all

1 - 18 of 18 Posts