Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wrenching on this car for a while now, finally have it done, hitting the dyno soon, then to the track.

I want 10s. Am I crazy ?

Even if it's a 10.99, I'll be happy.

Here's a run down of the car

Specs
89 Mustang GT
F1SE block
Holley systemax heads, 2.02, 1.60, 63cc
Head studs
Holley cam
Scorpion Roller Rockers
Holley Systemax 2 intake
75mm throttle body & EGR spacer (EGR delete plate)
75mm Pro M MAF
255lph walbro
Holley Billet fuel rails, AN stainless lines
Kirban race external regulator
FMS 60lb injectors
MSD 6 AL box with 6300 chip,
MSD pro billet Distributor and coil
SCT 4 bank chip
MAC shorties, off road H with cutouts, MAC pro dumps.

Powerdyne bd11 (came with the car) pullied with 2.62" and 6" crank pulley (43305 rpm at 6200), rebuilt with 928 Motorsports bearings and belt.
Anderson Power Pipe and Powerdyne intake tube

Also has a ZEX kit, jetted for 75, may or may not use with the charger on it now depends what it makes on the powerdyne.

Will be run through an AOD with 2200 stall, shift kit, FMS aluminum driveshaft, 4.10s and a spool with Moser 33 spline and C clip eliminators on 255/60 Mickey Thompson ET street radials.

Other random mods
Tubular K member, c/c plates, tubular A arms, coilovers, subframe connectors, 6 point cage, Lakewood rear lowers with relocation and poly bushings, UPR Adj uppers with solid bushings, eibach pro drag springs and strange 10 way shocks.

Any guesses on 1/4 mile ? Car weighs 3240 with fiberglass hood and hatch, full leather interior and cage, 3440 race weight with me.

Can I make it to the 10s with this setup ?

·
Registered
471 Posts
The 2200 stall converter is going to hold you back and make it a lot more difficult to run 10s. The 2.0x 60 foots are going to drive you crazy. SWAG mid 11s at 120+ MPH.

Nice looking car BTW!!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can live with that !

I took it to the track NA here in El Paso at with a horrible DA of 5600 feet, it was cutting 2.3s and finally got it down to 2.0 playing with the shocks. With more power and practice I think 1.8-1.9 is possible.

The wife has said I can get a trans brake and 3000 stall for birthday hahaha. Then let the fun begin.

Thanks on the car, I love that someone did all leather and embroidery on the interior. And the outside has awesome silver flake. The hood, cobra grile and cobra wing set it off.

·
Registered
629 Posts
With a converter change or a transmission change it'd run 10's all day long.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
You definitely have the power to run 10's all day long with those parts. Just get it to the ground and you are good to go.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I would be pretty upset if that combo didn't run 10s!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm liking what I'm hearing.

BTW I'm headed to San Antonio next week to have Mike Murillo do the final tune on the SCT. I'll post the numbers he gets out of it and then go hit the track.

Hopefully I can launch, if not, it should post nice nice MPH.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
On the converter, I can foot brake it to about 2200rpm, haven't watched what it will flash to.

I didn't build the trans, was in the car when I bought it, has a B&M hammer on it, and definitely some kind of mods inside. The 1-2 shift is violent so to say, breaks em loose quite nicely, 2-3 is positive.

Wish I knew what was done to it before I order more parts for it. Curious if they did a input shaft or anything. The way the rest of the car was built, I'd hope they did. Was all NHRA legal, cage, driveshaft loop, fluid containment, line lock, battery in rear with switch, etc when I got the car.

I'd hate to pull the trans just to see. But I have my eye on a silver fox valve body, either the SPTR or the trans brake. What's a good converter to run ? Anyway to get an accurate stall number out of the one in it now ?

·
Registered
629 Posts
The AOD is good if you're planning on driving it a lot on the highway or just cruise around. But if you wanted to really haul ass, put a C4 and a good custom converter in it. The difference is night and day.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've had 2 T5 fox body's and one C4. I actually kinda dig the AOD, its my first one. Its nice to have OD to get on the highway. Its got 4.10s which might drive me nuts with the C4. Its not a pure drag car (yet) lol. Its a Saturday night special, sometimes hit the track, car shows etc.

Definitely agree on the C4 for all out, but I think I may play with this trans and see what I can do with it. The wife likes to drive the car too.

·
Registered
471 Posts
For converter stall, I would contact Andre at Edge Racing and tell him what you want to accomplish and describe your combination and he will come up with a recommendation. Going from a 2200 stall 12" converter to the 3800 stall 9.5" converter Andre built for me I dropped 1 second in the 1/4 mile (13.30s to 12.30s) at the time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts