Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mounted my Hoosier QTP 28x11.5x15 today and noticed that they are deffinately bigger than the same size ET street that was on the car. The Hoosiers now rub in places where the Mickey's did not. I've beat the hell out of the inner fenders already and will probably have to some more to keep from cutting up my new tires. I'll know how they hook Friday night though :)

·
Registered
746 Posts
I just put the same size on my car and had/have all kinds of rub issues. Fenders are rolled and the BFH has been used and Im still getting rub. My buddy went with the 27s and he has no problems somehow.

They hook very very well though IMO. I was able to 1.51 last weekend launching my 5 speed at 3200 and I could have launched higher. Overall I am very impressed with the QTPs. I will probably go 27x11.50 next year tho lol

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats good to know. I am hoping these hook a little harder than the ET's. I may try a 27'' next time but I am kind of worried about running out of gear on the spray.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
what size rims were you guys running these on?

And are you comparing these to the MT ET streets DOT slick or the MT ET Drag radial as far as size and traction?

·
Registered
746 Posts
I run mine on a 15x10 rim. I also run 4.10s and a 150 shot to a best to date of 10.6. My best MPH to date (not on the same run) is 128. Im crossing the traps around 6200 in 4th with the current set up if that helps

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine are on a 9'' Bogart and I spray a 150 shot crossing the line on the rev limiter. Yes, we are comparing the street slicks not the radials.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
same here just put on Hoosier 275/60/15 and they replaced the mt's . had to bang the cr#p out of the inner fender wells to fit them right.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know they make a 27x11.5 and I think I can use those and will try them naext. I am on the 28's now.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
So 28 X11.5 QTP are a tough fit on a fox with a 15x8 wheel with 5.5BS?

I have the lips already rolled very tight I have the inner well clearanced to fit my MT DR's.
I hear these tires are the next best thing to a slick.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Like I mentioned earlier I am very impressed with this tire, but IMO the 28s are too big without major massaging. I have my lips rolled and used the BFH on just about everything possible and I still get a noticeable amount of rub. I would strongly suggest the 27 inch tire and thats what I will be running next year. The fit is much better and they hook just the same

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Like I mentioned earlier I am very impressed with this tire, but IMO the 28s are too big without major massaging. I have my lips rolled and used the BFH on just about everything possible and I still get a noticeable amount of rub. I would strongly suggest the 27 inch tire and thats what I will be running next year. The fit is much better and they hook just the same
I agree. I am almost 100% positive the Hoosier is availible in a 27'' also.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
They are talking Hoosier QTP not the ET streets. MT makes a 27x10.5.
Oh yeah, I knew that. I was just saying I couldn't find a 27/11.5/15 in the ET Street, did find the 27/10.5/15. My buddy has the Hoosier QTPs on his. Kinda hard to compare if they are two different sizes. I have the ET Streets now(26/10.5/15) and was thinking of getting a set of the QTPs. Was just curious, kinda figured a larger size would be...well, larger. lol.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Are the QTP's actually street legal? Like, usable on the steet. Cause I know the MT's are. If you guys are saying they are better then the MT's, the street use is the only thing holding me back.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts