Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the Hoosier 28/10.5/15 stiff sidewall slicks?Ive ran the MT version but wondering about the hoosiers.Thanks

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
I ran a set for a brief period of time. Went from a set of regular sidewall slicks to that size Hoosier in a stiff sidewall. They worked well, high 1.3 60's were the norm and stability down track was good...but I ended up going back to the old MT drag radials, they just out hooked the full slicks on my set-up. I still have the Hoosiers collecting dust on my spare rims, I may put them on again as I did like the way they worked on the car compared to a regular sidewall slick.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive been running the MT ss's and theyve worked well.I just recently tired a Hoosier quicktime pro.I really liked the way they work.I was just wondering if the Hoosier SS's work good.As Im looking to get a new set of slicks soon.

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
My first 2 sets of 28.x10.50 slicks were MT regular wall, my last 2 sets in that size have been Hoosiers, one regular and one stiff. For the full slick I prefer the Hoosier, they just seemed to work a little bit better and I seemed to get better life out of the previous set over the MTs.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Slicks

I've ran them all. And hate to say it I can't tell that much difference in them down the track. But, off the line the hoosier's have hooked better stiff and reg.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've ran them all. And hate to say it I can't tell that much difference in them down the track. But, off the line the hoosier's have hooked better stiff and reg.
Figured there wasnt much of a difference.But its also one of them things i was wondering about.Figured that since i switched from a MT S tire to a Hoosier QTP and the car went faster than its ever gone then the hoosier S slick might be better than that.Just got the Hoosier slicks today.Hopefully it helps this car in to the 8's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts