Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These tires are used Hoosier race slicks. The size is 245/45-17's. These are take-offs from the Koni challenge race series, used for practice. I would say that the tread is 80-90%. The Koni challenge tires have a "tread pattern" that is less that a 1/32" deep hologram of a tread. The rest of the tire is about 4/32" of "slick" tread surface. The tires that I have you can still see the hologram of the tread pattern so they are worn less than 1/32" of the total 5/32" of available tread. These would be perfect for HPDE events. You will not be disappointed with these tires. Price is $300.

I guess maybe this should be in Wheels and tires for sale but they are for Road racing, so I thought maybe they should be here.

Email me for PICs

·
Registered
565 Posts
You should state how many heat cycles they have. If they're anything like A's or R's they will heat cycle out long before they wear out. All of the hoosiers I've thrown away have the wear bars still showing.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I dont knowthat answer other then I was told it was for one practice session then I bought them, I called Hoosier and they said they should be fine for another season at least for HPDE events.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts