Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked my car up with the open LT headers on Monday morning (WARNING: driving with open headers will cause brain and ear damage :eek:) and took it to my muffler guy to cut down my catted bassani x-pipe. It was a real PITA to get the bassani right, but it is finally done and and my man hooked me up big time. Anyone in the Raleigh area that needs muffler work should call my man Henry and Henry's muffler shop on Capital Blvd, he is by far the best priced place and his work is good. Now back to the x-pipe. Because the hookers leave room for the tranny to come out, the collectors sit very far apart so it was fun making all the connections fit. We also had to move the cats all the way back to the just in front of the crossover and move the rear O2's on to the back outlet pipe from the cats. I am getting a MIL now and I have functioning cats. Should I just reburn my autologic chip to get rid of it, or should I buy MIL eliminators?

By the way, the hookers are by far the best LT's in terms of quality that I have seen. There are no dents for the steering, the steering rod actually goes in between two of the header pipes. My Butt dyno really feels the mid range torque increase, but I will go out to true blue and post some results for you guys. As far as the sound, it is in between an o/r x-pipe and a catted x-pipe (if that makes sense) It is a little tinny inside the passenger area, but it sounds great from behind. I might try changing my 2 chamber flows to get rid of the tin.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts