1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
156 Posts
hey , i was thinking of getting some hooker longtube headers for my 99 gt, where did you get yours and how much did they cost you?? are they good quality??

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cris
I just had the muffler shop make a temp connection to allow me to drive. My X pipe should be in a couple more weeks. Is it important to joint the pipes together? Back a thousnad years ago we used to pay to get dual thrus exhaust like I have on this temporary setup.

jjrocks
Blk Bullitt #2754
Jim

·
Registered
491 Posts
Is it important to joint the pipes together? Back a thousnad years ago we used to pay to get dual thrus exhaust like I have on this temporary setup.
The cross over is meant to equalize the exhuast pressures and reduce turbulence. You are losing a little bit of HP and TQ, but I don't think it's dramatic. Like you said, it's only temporary. If I were you, when the x pipe came, I would have the shop to weld some cats onto those pipes. How much did they charge to make those? they did a good job.

·
Registered
201 Posts
jjrocks said:
this link goes to the mod's section of the bullitt club. Here I have some data and pic's

http://www.bullittclub.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=9668&forum=2&5

jjrocks
Blk Bullitt #2754
Jim
Cool
BTW, how did the shop fabricate the connector for the temp. pipe onto the end of the Hooker header? From the looks of the header in the pics I've seen, the connector isn't a "standard" type of connector.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They charged $200 canadian. (not like real money)The shop was able to stretch the end of the pipe as Hooker has a slip over fitting Xpipe. Its good suggestion to weld some cats on these temp pipes and I can use that for emissions.

jjrocks
Blk Bullitt #2754
Jim

1 - 12 of 12 Posts