Ford Mustang Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Formerly eades5.0
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never spoken to you, I have only seen 2 of your kits in person, so I really know nothing about you and only go off what I see here but just wanted to ask a question about something I seem to see on here very regularly. If I am wrong, I am wrong and will admit it. This is what I see all the time on here.

I have been wondering why you never or almost never reply to threads here where your customers have issues with the kits, yet will make post about new and exciting builds? I have even seen you get on, reply to other threads and somehow over look the ones that arent appluading your kit.

Simple question, no hater-ade intended.

·
Registered
806 Posts
X2

I would like to know also.

·
Registered
806 Posts
by the way I have talk to some performance and tuning shops in the Ohio area and they all have said stay away from On3. They said you'll never make any real power with their china crap. This is what I've heard from more than 5 shops in that area.

Strange enough is that I have on of their kits. I got it in a timely fashion ( unlike ponydown or B & G which take up to 8 weeks for delivery).

·
Registered
317 Posts
where is the tech at?

by the way I have talk to some performance and tuning shops in the Ohio area and they all have said stay away from On3. They said you'll never make any real power with their china crap. This is what I've heard from more than 5 shops in that area.

Strange enough is that I have on of their kits. I got it in a timely fashion ( unlike ponydown or B & G which take up to 8 weeks for delivery).
i made a little power lol. i added 134 at 7pounds

·
Registered
444 Posts

rofl well maybe should stay away from those tuners but again how much power are u trying to get out of the stock 5.0 blocks which is what they say there kits are for and number they show are from. u can only go so far and for 1400 bucks realy how much hp would u think u would get from a 5.0 mid 10s on a stock bottom end seems like a good buy if u asked me u could always go nos if u wanted cheaper hp for the buck

·
Registered
549 Posts
I have the new 4v kit and I am making 600 to the ground as for the power thing, my only complaint with this kit is the flanges and the v-bands, I mean how much could it actually cost to use some quality flanges and v-bands it would make life so much easier.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Like I said.....
I talked to some perf./tuning shops in that area! When I told them what my goal was, they told me to go with a specific brand of turbo i.e. turbonetics etc,,, if I wanted to reach a specific horsepower goal. They said stay away from china made turbo kits because if you wanted to make 850-1000hp those kits won't cut it. I'm not going to air out the names of the shop because that's their personal opinion on a particular product; as you have opinions on the products you use.

:Allen.

believe me, I have 1st hand experience with incompetent tuners and I try to stay far away from them as I can ( but this tuner is well known in the Ohio area ). He told me stay away from On3 before I could say what kit I had lol. I do have a 351w motor which is okay and should get me near my goal.

breakdown:

lol a little horsepower. Sounds like good numbers to me.

I reiterate that I do have this kit for 351w and have had no problems with installation or tech support.

If someone called me out on the forum about a product I sold them I would rectify the problem asap. You gotta take the good with the bad I guess, not run away from it. That's the point I take with 4jenna's post

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
I think 4Jenna has the hots for On3Performance, to be honest.

Don't lie. You are obsessed with Chad. Atleast, it appears that way. I don't know you, or anything about you , but It appears you are in more On3 threads than anyone who doesn't run an On3 kit.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
my only complaint with this kit is the flanges and the v-bands, I mean how much could it actually cost to use some quality flanges and v-bands it would make life so much easier.
check the prices of ebay v-bands and RPS. probably at least $50
i got my DP v-band from RPS but my 2.5" v-bands from columbia river. hopefully I wont have issues with them
v-bands and wastegates leaking seem to be the only real problems with the ON3 kit. but quality bands and gates would raise the price.
back to topic. Chris is right. ON3 posts in their build threads and praise threads, but not normally in negative ones.
I send a few PMs to them a while back and got immediate responses. Havent heard of them ignoring calls or emails either. only a few quality issues with leakage and orders missing a few pieces(that usually get corrected)

·
Registered
317 Posts
thanks howard, i do agree this is no 1000+ hp turbo kit, and a brand name turbo is better.

well 4jenna started a thread saying there isnt anymore tech on this site and now theres just drama then he starts this thread to start drama...so. just sayin...no harm

·
Formerly eades5.0
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I think 4Jenna has the hots for On3Performance, to be honest.

Don't lie. You are obsessed with Chad. Atleast, it appears that way. I don't know you, or anything about you , but It appears you are in more On3 threads than anyone who doesn't run an On3 kit.
I think you have ill intentions towards me since I called you out for claiming 130-132mph on the butt-o-meter when your car hasnt ran it. Kinda sad since you are a shop or something arent you?

I do post in the ON3 threads as thats all thats really here on Corral. Someone cant ask a question w/o getting attacked?
You dont think the question I asked in this thread deserves a answer since this forum is flooded with ON3 issues that never have a reply to them from ON3. Maybe I am speaking up for my fellow forum users, or just wanted to ask a simple question....this is after all a public forum.

Now woulda yah get off my case and go back to claiming ET's and MPH. Who does that, isnt that like a import thing?

·
Formerly eades5.0
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks howard, i do agree this is no 1000+ hp turbo kit, and a brand name turbo is better.

well 4jenna started a thread saying there isnt anymore tech on this site and now theres just drama then he starts this thread to start drama...so. just sayin...no harm
So since I try and make this place better and asking for more tech I am held to the option of soley being allowed to make tech post.
This is a huge issue in this forum and I wanted to speak up and ask. I am also making this post in hopes to better this forum!

Maybe then we can get past all the constant ON3 BS, the saga goes on and on and the ON3 guys never say a peep. Except when someone makes great power with their kit they say "Must be a monster"

You would think they would want to nip all the bad post in the butt, but no they go un answered. It makes me scratch my head.
They pm'd me saying they do all their tech over the phone.

I'm almost afraid to give my opin on that since everyone around here thinks I'm crazy for asking WTF is up with all this BS

·
Registered
763 Posts
Dan Spicer went 9.57 at 142MPH with a stock block twisted wdge head anderson cammedd ON 3 70 mm kit, numerous 9.60 passes ohh and with a AOD!

So for the $$$ they make great power ,we are using one on a project now after seeing his success.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Lol, you do know your stuff. Im just a newb looking to learn. I have learned alot from this website

·
Formerly eades5.0
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dan Spicer went 9.57 at 142MPH with a stock block twisted wdge head anderson cammedd ON 3 70 mm kit, numerous 9.60 passes ohh and with a AOD!

So for the $$$ they make great power ,we are using one on a project now after seeing his success.
Turbo cars are easy to make fast thats why we run them! No way I coulda went 9s on my 331, wedge, holley int car this easy either...trust me I tried in the past haha!

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
i'm with you 4jenna, i'd like to know what the deal is. I dont have a turbo setup, but i've been planning to get a turbo setup for a while but more important stuff has always come up. I originally was looking into getting a quicktime setup back when that guy was making them and poof bunch of issues, and now hes done.

it does seem like a great kit for the money, which is why i dont understand why they wont respond to criticism or negative threads about their bread and butter. that being said, i do plan to get a kit and modify as needed down the road. i think it's a decent foundation to work with.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.