Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need a home remedy to soften these hard 265/60-15 viper radals !

will bleach work ?

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I saw that on a jr dragster show on tv, I did not want to try it just because it did not seem right, putting lubercant on tires. But if it's working for other then hey, why not.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i tried it and my tires sucked it up like they were thirsty, they don't feel that much softer though...... but i haven't tried a burn out yet to see if they are any better !

·
Registered
1,963 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
GRIPP 2 that is most of us use in our true radial class. Just brush it on your tires everyday about 3-4 days before you race it will help quite a bit.

·
Registered
392 Posts
do you do that before every outing at the track?
Nah, I only do it if my slicks have been unused for awhile. And I let it sit on there a couple of hours before I take the car there. Put a nice coating on if you do it. You dont have to drench it but make sure its even coverage

·
Registered
325 Posts
diesel fuel, acetone, mineral spirits, turpentine and mix.... thats what we used on out go kart tires and could drop 25 points on the durometer

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
diesel fuel, acetone, mineral spirits, turpentine and mix.... thats what we used on out go kart tires and could drop 25 points on the durometer
can this be used on radial tires also ! if so how do you prep ! spray on let soak then repeat !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts