Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Best numbers with the cobra intake are in the sig. Only changes were holley intake and .430 gear. I also installed a new auburn HD as it was doing the one wheel peel. (it had been in there since '98) DA was 2499.

11.17 @120.18 1.52 60 ft.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Same results for me on my 302 combo, I gained a solid tenth and 1 mph on a 1/8 mile track 7.30's @ 93.5 with a 1.60 60ft. I'm thinking about doing a holley vs. Victor jr efi comparison if i can find a good deal on a used one. I guess you will be keeping the Holley!!!

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
I said it before I gained a bunch over my efi setup. Congrants..on new time.

·
Registered
157 Posts
are u spraying with the 4.30s?

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"I guess you will be keeping the Holley!!!"

Oh yeah. I'm still working with shift points, fuel, and gearing. This was only the third time out so hopefully I can find some more et.

"I said it before I gained a bunch over my efi setup. Congrants..on new time."

Thanks man. What was your best et with the efi?

"are u spraying with the 4.30s?"

No, it's on motor.

I also wanted to thank Al Klein for preparing this intake.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Great running combo.... with some better d/a 10's are cake

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
What did you do with the holley lower, did you have it welded up to match the afr's? I seem to remember a big port misalignment between the two.

BTW you selling all those cobra intakes off now lol?

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"Great running combo.... with some better d/a 10's are cake"

Thanks for the kind words. I don't know if it has 10s in it, but I intend to find out! lol

" What did you do with the holley lower, did you have it welded up to match the afr's? I seem to remember a big port misalignment between the two.
BTW you selling all those cobra intakes off now lol?"

The lower needed a rediculous amount of work. I think holley has the intake made in some third world country before they gouge the consumer with the asking price. The ports were almost all located in the wrong places. Some were even crooked. Holes were drilled and tapped at an angle instead of straight. The big laugh came when I tried to bolt the two halves together. They forgot to mill the upper so the front stud and nut could be installed! Quality is definitely not job one at Holley. Once the ports were in the right locations, they were welded smaller and radiused at the corners for a nice match to the tiny ports on my 165s. There is no porting to the intake, just a cartridge roll and radius of the throttlebody inlet. My cobra intake is having more surgery and I plan to continue on my quest with it. In the meantime the holley seemed like a fun project.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Nice.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
"Thats one impressive 306.Congrats and good work!"

"Nice."

Thanks guys. :salute:

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Never ran the efi setup in the 1/4 just the 1/8th and it was 7.60 @95 mph, with the Demon it is [email protected] Next year should be 102 in the 1/8th All motor heheh.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
"Do you have a 5.4 rod in that 306?"

The rods are 5.090".

1 - 14 of 14 Posts