Ford Mustang Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Sweet! Good info! I'd like something easy to tune myself. I have an old Accel DFI and had to go to a dyno evey time it was a pain. Even had one place blow the engine up with a keystroke, leaned it out instead of richening it.

Ha! Heres a pic of Nemesis now, I had to change the spelling on the plate since it was taken.
I had no idea that car still existed. Thanks to the previous owner of that car I bought myself a T1 wing for my car. That car from what I remember has an SLA front suspension, but that's all I remember about it other than it running a set of sweet looking CCW classics. At least it found a good home. Of course, that video will always be a hilarious classic in my mind.

Anyway's I've only heard good things about the Holley EFI, and I am planning on getting it myself eventually.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I had no idea that car still existed. Thanks to the previous owner of that car I bought myself a T1 wing for my car. That car from what I remember has an SLA front suspension, but that's all I remember about it other than it running a set of sweet looking CCW classics. At least it found a good home. Of course, that video will always be a hilarious classic in my mind.

Anyway's I've only heard good things about the Holley EFI, and I am planning on getting it myself eventually.
Yeah the video is awesome! The CCW's were the track rims from old pics I can find, I never got those. And the T1 is great!! Yes it has Bart works SLA on the front and a torque arm panhard bar on the back.

·
Registered
1995 Ford Mustang GT
424 Posts
My car is a 94. I am researching this very subject. The one item i did like about the Pro M is that it will easily work with the oem check engine light. But as mentioned it is rather pricey.
I bought a Pro-M system for my 95 Mustang. I'm currently using the Tweecer, but my car has 210,000 miles on it, and I wanted to update the wiring. I still haven't installed the Pro-M system, the wiring doesn't seem to make sense, and like others have said, there's limited info for 94-95 Mustangs. I'm thinking of selling it and going with the Holley

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I bought a Pro-M system for my 95 Mustang. I'm currently using the Tweecer, but my car has 210,000 miles on it, and I wanted to update the wiring. I still haven't installed the Pro-M system, the wiring doesn't seem to make sense, and like others have said, there's limited info for 94-95 Mustangs. I'm thinking of selling it and going with the Holley
What doesn’t make sense exactly? When I installed mine the Micheal Plummer youtube videos helped me a lot as far as using the system and I probably watched the Pro-M produced install video 10 times before I installed it. PM if you want, I’m no expert but happy to help with the basics.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Unless you’re out there running a serious race only build in the single digit 1/4 mile times, the stock computer with a quarterhorse will work amazingly well in the hands of a competent tuner. Now, in all fairness, there aren’t many of them around. But if you’re willing to learn yourself, they work great. And WAY cheaper than either of the systems you’re looking at. There are obvious limitations like no knock sensor control, launch control, etc. with the stock computer. But you can make a street car with great manners and reliability without leaving a bunch of power on the table. Just my $0.02

·
Registered
15 Posts
Holley kit looks cool, but I never heard the spokesman mention coil on plug ignition for the Fox Body. I've been using the Pro-M EFI for a year and it runs flawlessly. No misfires, no wandering idle, great high rpm operation and you lose many of the "wear items" like the distributor cap and rotor. Each individual coil fires, in sequence, once every other crankshaft revolution. You can also throw the MSD box in the trash since the LQ9 GM truck coils put out plenty of juice (even at redline).The one thing I might get from Holley is that Hi-Ram intake with the side mounted TB. That would give me even more room for my coils on the valve covers. Especially on the passenger's side.
20190409_095252.jpg
20190327_222452.jpg
20190409_100112.jpg

·
Registered
176 Posts
The Holley can run coil near plug , and if that’s a users intent just order the 550-937 which doesn’t come with a TFI harness adapter .

·
Registered
1995 Ford Mustang GT
424 Posts
What doesn’t make sense exactly? When I installed mine the Micheal Plummer youtube videos helped me a lot as far as using the system and I probably watched the Pro-M produced install video 10 times before I installed it. PM if you want, I’m no expert but happy to help with the basics.
The routing of the wiring. There are different lengths and locations of sensors compared to my stock 95. I've been going through and labeling every sensor with tape to figure out how to route it and make sure it's not for a Fox body. The Pro-M videos are for a Fox, and I couldn't find a video of Michael Plummer actually installing it on his Mustang. I'm getting back at this next weekend, when I take my intake off, so hopefully something will make more sense.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The Holley can run coil near plug , and if that’s a users intent just order the 550-937 which doesn’t come with a TFI harness adapter .
Sorry my mistake, I didn't know that. Sounds like the Holley may be a great bargain since it's $1000+ less than the Pro-M. I guess it all depends on the preference of the user/how much money they are willing to spend, etc..

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Holley might be cheaper initially, but how long till that ECU becomes obsolete and they have moved on to another ECU and software? Go back 15 years, how many aftermarket ECUs have come and gone since then and how much technical support is still offered for the obsolete stuff.

·
Registered
394 Posts
The routing of the wiring. There are different lengths and locations of sensors compared to my stock 95. I've been going through and labeling every sensor with tape to figure out how to route it and make sure it's not for a Fox body. The Pro-M videos are for a Fox, and I couldn't find a video of Michael Plummer actually installing it on his Mustang. I'm getting back at this next weekend, when I take my intake off, so hopefully something will make more sense.
I have a 94 and it laid out nicely. Getting the large bundle and bulkhead from the interior to the engine was a pain but having someone inside feeding it will help. Let us know if there are specific sensors/bundles you're uncertain about, I can even take pics if needed.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Holley might be cheaper initially, but how long till that ECU becomes obsolete and they have moved on to another ECU and software? Go back 15 years, how many aftermarket ECUs have come and gone since then and how much technical support is still offered for the obsolete stuff.
Right like when pimp came out with their pimpX .. the old gets left behind,like the Anderson PMS that’s laying around in my garage. Luckily I sold the pimp in time...
And let’s not forget the eec-IV that I bought brand new from Ford Racing in 2002 with the harness.... that cost more than the Holley cost today..
The critics are going to run this terminator through the ringers... with comparison to other ECUs...
What it doesn’t do is say hey I’m better than...
it’s intentionally going to bring more people to it cause of price and reputation from its bigger brothers!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
All these are good points. But I have 1 suggestion (and I will take my own advice on this one). Anyone investing in these systems better buy SPARE PARTS:) . I plan on buying a spare harness, and ECU from Pro-M in the near future. I already have a spare Zeitronix ZT-4 wide band controller. It came in today. I'll admit it seems like a waste of money but sooner or later everything craps out. If it's a good product (and you like it), you don't want to have to hunt one down when I need it. If I wreck my car, then I'll look for a similar model (I'm sure I can find a 1991-93 fox body on the used car market) and start a new project. I hope Pro-M stays in business forever but let's be real, many after market companies have come and gone over the 30 years I've owned my fox body. If you have spares, you can function long after any company has left the scene. I'm still kicking my self (sort of) for not buying spare EEC-4 computer harnesses/fuel injector harnesses when "Ford Motorsports" was selling them for a paltry $325.00/$150.00. If you buy a Holley kit, you may want to buy 2 if you plan on keeping your car over the years...Thanks for listening to my rant.

V/r, Jim

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
You guys need to realize for every one Ford kit there are 15 sold to LS folks. The support for this system already supersedes anything in the past. Binary editor/tweecer took me pretty far but my new setup will be seeing past 7krpm. My stock ECU could barely log past 5500 worth a ****.

·
Registered
844 Posts
This is electronics in a nutshell. Realistically though, the initial features when buying a ecu will cover 99.5% of people out there.
If you look at Controllers like Holley, fast, fueltech and megasquirt based systems, the community that uses them have loads of online support.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts