Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of these heads in excellent condition with absolutely “NO“ issues at all. The only reason I’m selling them is, I had them on my old engine set up. I have since, sold my old block and bought a new Dart block and Dart Pro 1 heads. I bought these heads new, years ago and have had them updated for my Drag car, that was rarely driven on the street. The updates include new Anderson Springs and Titanuim keepers and retainers, new valve guides and have been surfaced, pressure tested and a Competition valve job. I’ve had these heads for at least 10 years and all the machining was done about 5 years ago and have been ran 1/8 mile races all their life. I was turning 6.90s naturally aspirate. They’ve been sitting on my shelf for a few years now, in boxes, with intentions to build a nice street engine project, but am sticking more money into my Dart set up so might as well sell these. Asking $850.00 for the pair plus the ride. Can send pictures, to a text and/or will post pictures here later, if someone is really interested. Pretty much sticking to the asking price, believe me they are well worth the cost with the updates.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
These head have 5/16 pedestal mounts, 1.940 intake and 1.560 exhaust. I believe they are 63cc chambers. I also have a set of pedestal mount rockers with shims I can sell with them for an additional cost. Will post those pictures too. Open to offers on a package deal.

·
Registered
109 Posts
If these are still available I may be interested. Id be up for a package deal with the rockers and everything. First and foremost I need to be sure they are ready to bolt on and go. I know you said youre firm but based on the known issues with the systemax heads and the fact theyve been sitting for 5 years Id have to pay less than your asking for them. If youre interested in working something out let me know.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I’m in the same boat as venomv8.... Let us know.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I’m not sure on the thought process of why you think they are worth less, because they have been sitting, oiled, with no spring tension ( bagged and boxed) in a dry insulated garage. Been racing nearly 30 years and that’s a 1st for me. Machining was done about 5 years ago, not sitting for 5 years. I’ve tried to be as open and honest as I possibly can. I’ve had plenty of private messages but no serious offers. I own an auto repair shop and it has always been our policy to always surface an aluminum head (cheap procedure) when ever it was removed before re-installing it. Some people think this is not necessary and bolt heads on as is. I leave that decision to you. I just checked eBay and used rockers alone, no pedestals or shims are going for $225 plus shipping. As I said before I’m open to offers on a package deal.

·
Registered
109 Posts
For me its not a question of the sitting for years that worries me honestly. Its more the known issues with these heads and why they arent produced anymore. The valve guides and seals from the valve angle were garbage and would burn oil. So I just wanted to know those were either replaced with newer ones/better ones and that they were ready to bolt on. I know you said they were looked over and surfaced, etc. but I wanted to know when they were surfaced and looked over with all these parts listed, was that recently? Or 5 years ago? When you said new springs, guides and surfaced, etc it makes it sound like thats all recent, but then say theyve sat for years on your shelf so that confused me is all. I wasnt meaning to come off like you werent trusted by any means, so I apologize if thats how you took it, to be honest Im just in a bind right now with this motor and need some heads that are ready to go fairly soon, I dont have time to tear heads down, have them milled, and all rebuilt to be good. I sent you a PM and am fairly close to you, let me know answers to that and we’ll go from there. thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts