Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holley giving us this Holley days Sale is a rip. They raised all their prices and three dealers I spoke with today claim the price increases are there for good.

I just started going in with the Holley hp kit and am adding the digital dash along with many of their components.

F you Holley.

Hiding the rising prices behind a temporary sale.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
New owners new pricing.

But seriously, everything is about to get more expensive. Tariff's for the stuff from, well not the US. And since the off shore stuff is going to be more expensive, the on shore stuff can cost more (less competition) and still be less than the off shore stuff. Bottom line.... prices are going up across the board in every industry.

I work in the commercial door and hardware world. The material used in wood doors to make them fire rated is going up 300%.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
New owners new pricing.

But seriously, everything is about to get more expensive. Tariff's for the stuff from, well not the US. And since the off shore stuff is going to be more expensive, the on shore stuff can cost more (less competition) and still be less than the off shore stuff. Bottom line.... prices are going up across the board in every industry.

I work in the commercial door and hardware world. The material used in wood doors to make them fire rated is going up 300%.
I understand where you’re coming from man. But our wages aren’t going up for sht compared to these increases and I cannot even keep up with inflation. We still have depression level employment here in IL

·
Registered
655 Posts
The fact that the new prodash has a recommended retail of $2,000 tells you all you need to know. They must be selling this stuff like crazy.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The fact that the new prodash has a recommended retail of $2,000 tells you all you need to know. They must be selling this stuff like crazy.
You think so? Maybe they just needed to update that old 7”, didn’t it come out like 4+ years ago?

I’d would be my luck that I would be buying it for retail at the end of its life cycle lol.
I know the updates off Holley would be up to date though for the time being.

·
Registered
655 Posts
You think so? Maybe they just needed to update that old 7”, didn’t it come out like 4+ years ago?

I’d would be my luck that I would be buying it for retail at the end of its life cycle lol.
I know the updates off Holley would be up to date though for the time being.
I just think the profit margins on that have to be really crazy. It can't cost all that much to make it. You can buy a 73" 4K UHD TV for the same amount of money.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just think the profit margins on that have to be really crazy. It can't cost all that much to make it. You can buy a 73" 4K UHD TV for the same amount of money.
Oh absolutely man. It has to be a huge profit margin item.

All the more reason to give us a little kickback on a small sale to get these out in the hands of racers who will sell their product for free when our friends see how well they work. The big dash is out of my budget and truly was never an option for me.

I’m trying to get the 7” dash now and the small add on parts you need to buy to get the ford Holley hp kit to work.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Oh absolutely man. It has to be a huge profit margin item.

All the more reason to give us a little kickback on a small sale to get these out in the hands of racers who will sell their product for free when our friends see how well they work. The big dash is out of my budget and truly was never an option for me.

I’m trying to get the 7” dash now and the small add on parts you need to buy to get the ford Holley hp kit to work.
All those parts definitely add up, I have put together a HP system for my street car and a dominator system with the dash for my race car. It has been an expensive two years to get all that done. The HP system is great though, I have driven the car enough to let it tune the fuel table and I am really impressed by it.

I don't fault Holley for getting as much as they can for their great product but I do reserve the right to complain. lol

·
Premium Member
2,351 Posts
All those parts definitely add up, I have put together a HP system for my street car and a dominator system with the dash for my race car. It has been an expensive two years to get all that done. The HP system is great though, I have driven the car enough to let it tune the fuel table and I am really impressed by it.

I don't fault Holley for getting as much as they can for their great product but I do reserve the right to complain. lol
Complain with your wallet. That is the only thing that woks in a capitalistic economy. If you do not like it, do not buy it. If enough people do that, then the price goes down. Otherwise, supply/demand rules. Anything else is just pissing in the wind.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Complain with your wallet. That is the only thing that woks in a capitalistic economy. If you do not like it, do not buy it. If enough people do that, then the price goes down. Otherwise, supply/demand rules. Anything else is just pissing in the wind.
No doubt, I won't be buying the pro dash any time soon just for that reason.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is what I do sir.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
instead of buying a screen consider a windows based tablet. they are much cheaper and have more info on the screen. Getting a used 7" might be possible now too since the new 12+" dash came out

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
The Holley 7” touchscreen with the Flffrnorida5.0 bezel is a super clean look. It’s nice being able to have custom layouts with any info you want right there in front of you. I used to just have a tablet hooked up, which is definitely a nice option, but the screen is just better. It has a built in shift light too. You can also data log right from the screen which is nice. I installed a few small led lights in the bezel housing as well. Two for left and right directionals. One for Methanol low level warning.

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
My ancient 8.9" screen Fujitsu convertible seems to run the latest Holley software just fine, I think I'll stick with it for now. The Holley dash screens cost as much as I paid for it and they don't have a full keyboard either.

Attachments

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The Holley 7” touchscreen with the Flffrnorida5.0 bezel is a super clean look. It’s nice being able to have custom layouts with any info you want right there in front of you. I used to just have a tablet hooked up, which is definitely a nice option, but the screen is just better. It has a built in shift light too. You can also data log right from the screen which is nice. I installed a few small led lights in the bezel housing as well. Two for left and right directionals. One for Methanol low level warning.
That’s the one I am looking to go with and the bezel from eBay with the next % off sale.

Are you running a 3g alternator? Did you run into any issues removing the factory cluster and using the 3g alternator with the Holley? I saw Dakota digital people running into that, didn’t know if the Holley had a problem as well.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
I understand where you’re coming from man. But our wages aren’t going up for sht compared to these increases and I cannot even keep up with inflation. We still have depression level employment here in IL
Where in IL? Near the chicago area jobs are solid. I'm in NWI and employment is and has been solid for some time now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts