Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am assembling a guinea pig engine out of some parts I already own for my turbo project. Here is the list:

302 Roller block and rotating assembly
GT40 Heads
Weiand 7515 intake
Blow-thru
76mm turbo
1.6 Crane rockers

3000lb car C4 Transbrake
3100ish converter flash
3.27-3.55 gear

I have both the stock HO camshaft and a F303. I havent purchased springs yet. More strip than street anymore.

Which would you use? Im leaning towards the stocker,but wanted some opinions.

Thanks

·
Registered
994 Posts
F303 would give you more RPM to utilize that big turbo.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
I would probably run the stocker.

I make 500+ with a stock cam.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I am running my stock 93 cobra cam in mine with a 60mm and at 10 psi my car was making 453hp & 502tq .Gets driven every day. I have since added some timng but have not been back to the dyno. Love the stock (wimpy) sounding cam.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
I can't tell you what to use, but I'm using a f303 cam on my std. bore 331 with a set of trick flows and a 76mm turbo. I just put down 709.7/750tq at the wheels on friday at the Dyno.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I can't tell you what to use, but I'm using a f303 cam on my std. bore 331 with a set of trick flows and a 76mm turbo. I just put down 709.7/750tq at the wheels on friday at the Dyno.
Stock TW170's?

·
Registered
994 Posts
you are correct. 61cc
That really bums me out seeing how much power potential my upper end(we have near identical H/C/I) has that I can't utilize because of my current stock block. :curses:

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
I ran 15psi on my 93 hyperutectic non forged bottom end 76k miles for about 3 years of not stop abuse before it finally splintered the connecting rods. The block actually breaking is a lot less likely than rod or bearing failure. I know for a fact that car was pushing high 500's at the wheels before it blew up... in first gear lol in town... mind you it bent like 6 valves, ruined a cam and crank shaft and the block, but honestly i was throwing that bullsh... away anyhow. but to the OP, an F-303 cam is like 100 bucks used at best so use whatever you think you'll want to have later down the road.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the replies.

To clarify, I already own both camshafts. I also have a Dart block and a few other parts Im saving.

I just figured I would do this first and if anything goes wrong Im not out anything really. I would be pretty bummed blowing up my good stuff due to a tuning mistake.

Ill learn with this junk, and move up when I feel confident.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts