Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally got there with the blower

got a new best MPH of 126.8 an tied my best ET of 10.99. got my best 60' ever of 1.51 (not on the 10 sec run though)

had a ####load of other problems that kept the car from running perfect and i hurt a piston or something... its smoking and making funny noises.

here are two vids (the track only started hooking towards the end of the night)

i think it lifted the front left tire here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veRpZ8TfCR0

and the 10, i was riding the clutch to try and get it to hook here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz3VkzLvASw

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
I wouldn't be running the car with that noise. You might take out a head as well as more important parts.

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
lol i love the corral, guy posts some badass vids of him making some sweet passes and the only comments are those...

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
lol i love the corral, guy posts some badass vids of him making some sweet passes and the only comments are those...
If your talking about me, then why not just say it?

Great vid and all but the car sounded like it had a rod ready to go through the pan. If that were my car I would have packed it up.

Just my $.02

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
If your talking about me, then why not just say it?

Great vid and all but the car sounded like it had a rod ready to go through the pan. If that were my car I would have packed it up.

Just my $.02

that was exhaust.... for some stupid reason 4 header bolts backed out and blew out the gasket so it sounded like ####. it did hurt something on the last pass though and start ticking thats when i did stop and got towed home.... ima yank the head off here in about an hour or so.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
You need to visit www.baselinesuspensions.com and purchase a couple items. Mainly an anti-roll bar. I hope you have aftermarket axles and a built trans as well because otherwise, they're about to break.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
well i yanked the heads off and the pistons are fine. it looks as thought the last journal on the cam borke off though... it trashed the lifter and forced the rocker off the stud stripping out some of the threads. tomorrow my brother and i will pull the engine and then i will take some pics.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You need to visit www.baselinesuspensions.com and purchase a couple items. Mainly an anti-roll bar. I hope you have aftermarket axles and a built trans as well because otherwise, they're about to break.
World class T-5 and a bone stock rear with 3:73's

this is what eevryone says but i have run about the same times for about a year on slicks and it hasnt broken. I know its coming but until then ima beat the hell out of it.

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
that was exhaust.... for some stupid reason 4 header bolts backed out and blew out the gasket so it sounded like ####. it did hurt something on the last pass though and start ticking thats when i did stop and got towed home.... ima yank the head off here in about an hour or so.
Glad it wasn't something bad. Hopefully your ticking is just loose valvetrain and can be readjusted and ready to rock.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
got the motor apart... .well almost.... i cant get the Cam out. all of the cam bearing decided that they wanted to move around and #### everything up. It trashed a lifter broke one lifter hold down in half and stripped out a stud when it through the rocker arm off.

i think that these failed and then caused my low oil pressure problems (anyone agree or disagree????)

if the machine shop says the cam bearing areas look good i am just going to throw some more cam bearings in it and go back to town. i think the cam is ok but its hard to tell until i can get it out.

here is one of the bearings... they all look the same all but one was ripped in half (the one thats not is still in the block) i opened it the rest of the way so i could get some better detail for pics.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
agreed u need to disassemble it done to the block and thoroughly go over everything before u think about "just running it"

:eeek:
Agreed, something caused those cam bearings to fail. One bearing failure I might see, but 4? You better go over that block real well and make sure there are no cracks. When I put a hairline crack down the middle of my block, I heard something that just sounded off when running the motor. It wasn't a knock, just something didn't sound right. When I pulled it, 3 of the cam bearings fell out because of the cracked journals.

Also as far as the rear end goes. You have been lucky so far. I've seen rear ends break with far less power than you're making. You don't want an axle to break on a hard launch or going down the track, then end up hitting the wall and trashing the car. I would recommend looking for a deal on some 31 spline axles and carrier, and when you put it all together, have the axle tubes welded up.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts