Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking about this for a whil, and I need to ask.....

Currently running a 347 With a A5 gearbox. Use is strip, but also some track use.

At the strip my gearchanges takes too long... And if my memery is correct I have had problems finding the gears, actually.

When it comes to the track, the worst of problems is downshifting. At 7000 rpm I sometimes need to wait for a while With clutch fully engaged before slipping Down from 4. to 3....

However; Things might brighten up this season With a New clutchwire!!!! (The old one had melted bad, metal on metal...)

Down to what I wanted to ask; I am looking at rebuilding the engine and maxing it out some more, which means higher RPM's. Maybe looking at shifting at 8-8500 at the strip (if on the track, I will stay lower...)

If Money were no stress and if it was drag only, the Choice would be a lot easier.

The different options I currently look at are a TKO 600 With faceplating (and other tune- ups...), T56 With faceplating, the GFORCE GF5R or maybe Liberty Equaliser (although this is drag only?? Little info on the Libery page...)

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have the same issue at the strip. 363, Gforce T5, 7000-7500 shifts take forrrrrrreverrrrrr. Called gforce for help. Syncros work worse at higher RPM especially over 7k. They suggested trying to shift at 6500 where the sycros will work better. Havent tried it yet.

What i really want to know is how Quarterhorse 2 does it. Youtube him. 331 mustang.. TKO i think and 7k+ powershifting

1 - 3 of 3 Posts