Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who here is running a high hp car with mass air? im at the point where i a built motor/drive train that will take all my turbos will throw at them. the plan is to just keep turning up the boost until the turbos stop making boost....~25psi maybe. anyways, not sure what a 333ci motor, with 9.4:1cr, meth injection and 25psi will make in hp but wondering if it can be done reliably with mass air and whos doing it.

i dont have a good laptop or an lc-1 so i would need both if i went to MS. im sure i could sell my 80mm pmas and the stock ecu might be worth a dollar or two. not sure how cheap i could build a MS for, still researching. only tuner in vegas wants to use sct or quarterhorse....both maf of course. he is a huge fan of the stock ecu and has advised to stay away from anything aftermarket.

i like the MS because of data logging and that the tune can be done based on boost pressure making it easy to run a street tune and a race tune. i dont really want to run full boost or meth on the street but if i can only have one tune its all out. i dont like the idea of street "tuning"

guess im asking a question and venting at the same time. some one ease my mind in one direction or the other.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I like speed density.. Not much experience with mass air.. But any tuner that wants u to stay stock isnt much of a tuner.. Ur close to cali.. I would recommend buying what u like and finding a tuner thats used to dealing with fast cars..

U can do so much with megasquirt,fast,even qter horse is a nice setup.. But if ur talkin 10 s or faster u want a good aftermarket brain

·
Registered
9,369 Posts
You can go along ways with a stock ecu and simply burning a chip, I have made 1000 + Rwhp with a chip tune. However there are many ways to approach this and your overall goals at the end of the day, a nice standalone system would benefit for tuneabilty with high boosted applications.

Thanks.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Like PAS said, they will all get you there. It may be up to what tuner you are using prefers. Or if you want to self tune, what you are capable of using.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
you can make big power with a MAF...but Id swap over to a slot style MAF...

as PAS said though...depends on what you tuner prefers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts