Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone run a torque arm in a high horsepower car 750+? Is there a unit out there that would take that kind of beating. Would be launching on a trans brake and a sticky tire.

The car is mostly street driven so the better ride and handling would be a nice thing to have.

·
Registered
479 Posts
My car is way north of the 600hp at the tires and i have bent a Griggs standard duty torque arm. Yes i know i should have had a HD unit but i never intended to have that much motor. I have run it only on stickey street tires with a manual trans. It has never been on a true drag slick.
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
How is the turbo working out for open track? Any heating issues, if so how did you control it?

Thanks.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I honestly have not had it on the track yet with this set-up. I started to switch over and then the project got sidelined for a few years. It has not run in almost 4 years since i started the mini tub and cage rework. I am hoping to get it moving in the next couple of months and to at least street drive it this year. Life got in the way of fun.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
I honestly have not had it on the track yet with this set-up. I started to switch over and then the project got sidelined for a few years. It has not run in almost 4 years since i started the mini tub and cage rework. I am hoping to get it moving in the next couple of months and to at least street drive it this year. Life got in the way of fun.
Let us know how it works out.

The reason I asked was that I made a thread here about running forced induction on a road race type track.

Someone mentioned that the turbo cars had trouble with heat, but one guy here ran a centrifugal supercharger, and had good results with it.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
I ran a single-beam T-arm that I made for many years with like 440rwhp (before showing signs of bending).

When I got near the 500rwhp mark, I made a twin-beam.

·
Registered
7,600 Posts
i'm running the mm hd ta and evolutions' watt's link

low 700s to the tires with 331s and slicks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts