Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just woundering if you guys out there even attempt to get yalls cars to hook on the street or is it a waste of time. Im tired of pullin out my driveway and car never hooks. Im also still on low boost and dont even feel like turning it up cause it scary as is.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
I used to drive DD my car, hp in sig.

·
Registered
295 Posts
My car hooks hard on the street, but I have no stall yet and Im running MT's drag radials. 275x50x15's. Oh forgot to mention running AODE. I would think if your running a stick....good luck getting to hook if you dump it out of the hole. My car doesnt come out of the hole on the boost yet.

·
Registered
246 Posts
you will be hard pressed to find a sports car that will hook out of the hole on the street, unless the area has been treated to some prep. From a roll my car will hook on at least 10#'s I'm running 275/60/15 MT DR's and a C4.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
if it hooks on the street (a unprepped street) then it doesnt make any power.. LOL!!!

JK i would say it is a waste of time to try and get it to work on the street..

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
X2. A car making real power is gonna have a hard time on the street. Hell it's tough on a good prepped track. I guess it depends on your definition of high hp.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Nothing like lighting the tires at 70mph on the highway. Peoples faces are priceless.

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
With my second stage off (8.8 psi) my car will hook with hot tires and rolling into the throttle in first. (about 650 rwhp)

We played with the car on "kill" from about a 60 mph roll and it kept traction. It felt very strange as if you were forcing the car to do something it didn't want to do. There is absolutely no way you could street race like that.

The faster the car, the less safe it is to be tearing around the street...Need to make sure you are respecting the danger.

My street racing days are long past but honestly, anything that is faster then high 9's is a serious danger on the street, just my $.02.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Yea but did it hook?
Of course it won't hook, with my street tire I hook from 70mph to 120 and then it spins again. If you making big power you won't hook.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Best results I've seen was a 450hp fox that used to eat tires through third with street tires, nitto 555rs tamed it down to where it will usually dead hook 2nd. First is just for fun, car has 3.08s and a 70mm turbo.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Mine hooks. Roll into first, lift to shift just don't kick the pedal down and work the throttle to barely keep the tires squealing. 650 rwhp on drag radials with high antisquat values.

Edit: forgot I was in the turbo section. That is on my centri car which is easier to drive then my turbo car.

·
Formerly eades5.0
4,716 Posts
When I had the T-trim and S-trim the car would do somewhat you described on 18" Nitto DR's
640rw on the T
560rw on the S

Then I got the turbo and could roast them at 70 on the freeway

·
Registered
2,012 Posts

·
4,309 Posts
you will be hard pressed to find a sports car that will hook out of the hole on the street, unless the area has been treated to some prep. From a roll my car will hook on at least 10#'s I'm running 275/60/15 MT DR's and a C4.
Actually I think most sports cars hook up relatively well out of the hole on the street. Now Mustangs and turbocharged ones is another story.

I had a buddy who was in the mid to high 800 rwhp with his old twin turbo stang. That was his only car and for daily driving was on a real street tire. It actually hooked up relatively decently but the power ramped up in that combo. I can recall doing many a burst from 30 or so upwards of 110 or so. I am sure some of the very things that hurt his power also helped with those street mannerisms along with driving style. For example he still had 3 chambered flowmasters on it and had a solid roller cam with close to factory cam specs.

Sent from my iPad Nano

1 - 20 of 44 Posts