Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll try to keep this blunt. First off, car is a toy. I don't have thousands upon thousands to dump into it if something take's a sht that I could have easily avoided. IE: Running 500 WHP on a stock 302 block.

I understand nothing is guaranteed, but I'm looking for a practical viewpoint here from some knowledgeable people.

347 stroker, R302 block, AFR 205's, N71 Anderson cam, Systemax intake, 11:1 compression claimed. I spoke to my tuner, who did this car NA and have been told, without meth, I can run 7-8 lb's safely on WA 92 octane pump gas.

Now, this guy has a good reputation around here with a lot of stuff well beyond 1k HP, so I'm not trying to start any pissing matches. I feel like he is a racer, and forgets some people can't shrug off massive engine failure like he does though. Would you guys say this advice is leading me right off a cliff or is this "routine" guidance from a good tuner?

Appreciate the input. Further detail is, I'm planning to buy an S-trim/Si-trim kit and run the stock pulley. With a 347 and the high flowing stuff it has, I honestly expect 5-6 lb's.

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Sure, it can run on pump gas with 8 psi. May not be any timing in the engine to do it, but it can be done. Proper fuel system, proper timing curve. Is it stock computer with a chip? Is it running a FMU? How is fuel pressure and timing controlled? That has a lot to do with having a "safe tune".

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has 60's and a Pro-M meter.
A9L with an SCT 4-bank on it.

So it would be 60's, high volume 255 in-tank, fuel lab rails. I think it would deliver enough fuel to avoid doing a full system at this point. I made 480 whp with a stock bottom end combo and an Si trim before using the same parts and 42# injectors. Just didn't have the compression.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts