Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recently had an on3 kit installed on my 92 gt has any one had a tunning issue or hesitation or a rich to lean issue with their car because i had them weld my mass air meter on 4 me (80mm pro m). but when I called pro m they told me they should not have done that because it throws the whole calibration off. Has any one experianced the same problem?

·
Registered
317 Posts
you welded the mass air to the cold side pipe or had a mounting tab welded on the cold side piping and then bolted the sensor to the pipe?

·
Registered
9,369 Posts
yea thats my question does it now have to b recalibrated again because on 3 moved it?
Make sure there is no leaks around the sensor, and mounted correctly in weld on flange. is the maf calibrated for injector size being used? regardless you will need to have it properly tuned, there is to many variables from when a calibrated meter comes off the flow bench at Pro-M then installed in turbo piping for it to remain with in 3-5% from advertized flow characteristics.

Thanks, Chris

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
did you already own a 80 mm maf before you bought the on3 kit??? you cant take a meter out of pro-m housing and make it work in the inter-cooler piping. they have different mafs that are ment to be welded in the inter cooler. but any tuner should be able to fix this

1 - 8 of 8 Posts