1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
10,009 Posts
2500 signatures since it started a year ago? Seems not many really care or they're reaching out to the wrong people for this. Definitely sucks for Hemi owners.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Cummins powered Dodges do well.

It seems most newer vehicles were designed around leasing.....it'll be good for a few years and then we don't care type of thing and this goes for most manufacturer's, especially the big three.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I just put a hemi in a customers dodge magnum because it dropped several valve seats and destroyed it.it's not just the hemi's that do this.the 4.7 and 3.7 dodge engines have been plagued with valve seat and head problems since they've been in production.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I realize this is a Ford forum and I own a 2001 Mustang Gt Bullitt, but I also own a 2006 Chrysler 300C I bought from my late father and a 2016 Dodge Challenger. Supposedly this was address in 2009 but can not get confirmation on it, either way my 2006 is prone to it and because of shotty work not pressing the seat in correctly, using bad materials and not pinning them in I will be faced with it. Either way if you could just take a moment out of your day and sign the petition I would greatly appreciate it!!!!

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Cummins powered Dodges do well.

While I won't disagree, I'll share my story. The other night, I came home from work and the neighbor guy's '86 Ford F150 4x4 toy was sitting in front of the house with the hood up. Died/wouldn't start. So I stopped and attempted to help, but I had to meet up with someone that evening, so I couldn't help a whole lot. No spark, duraspark box bad. I had to be somewhere so I told him to take my truck to the parts store and get whatever he needed. Mine's a 2003 F250 4x4, 7.3. He came back and handed my keys to me and asked me what in the world I'd done to it....said it had a LOT more power than his 04 Cummins 5.9. Nothing. I have done nothing to it other than drive it and fix the little things...bone stock 275hp 7.3 which is gutless, IMO (compared to the 6.0's and newer). His truck has some miles on it like mine does and his is a manual trans, so it should be--at least by all of the hoopla over the cummins--more powerful than the old T444E is, no?

·
Registered
643 Posts
Good to hear on the old 7.3. They are great engines. As far as power compared to the Cummins.....I think they are about on par in stock form. You can't argue the simplicity and smooth operation of the inline 6 engines and Cummins did quite well with the design, particularly the older 12 valve versions being completely mechanical(simple). Look at the infamous Ford 300ci I6. They were built for battle and just purred along, no matter how much you beat up on them.

And for the record....the engine (C) is by far the best part of my truck! I am lucky to still have a nice body on my 2002 and everything has been replaced once or twice or more. The thing still rides like a stagecoach.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts