Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Really know nothing about them. I just sold the kb and am looking to do something. I sent a guy 3 grand for a Hellion and he jacked the price on me 500 after holding my money 2 weeks so, Hellion is out. I really can't see giving 4 grand for a new kit. So what kits are out there besides On3 or is that the way to go now? I already have 42lb injectors and as of now the motor has gt40p heads. Any help is appreciated.

Also, there is a kit for sale local. He is asking 2k. It is a ptk kit. Said it will hook-up to the cat-back. Comes with a rebuilt precision 62-1, tial wastegate, mass air cal'd for 60s and some kind of boost controller.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I will let you know. I really am leaning toward your kit at the moment. B&G and Ponydown seem like good pieces but, also look like 4k after it is all said and done.

I do have one good question for you. If something does actually break, may I buy just that one piece of the kit?

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Why not do some more research and piece it together for less than the On3? It really isn't that much.

·
Registered
579 Posts
You get what you pay for as the old saying goes.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
PTK made some good stuff.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
You get what you pay for as the old saying goes.
Yeah believe that if u want. I learned about the guy that "invented" that saying in college. AWESOME marketing ploy when u wanna sell some outrageously priced product.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
PTK made some good stuff.
That is what the guy claimed. They just haven't been around for a long time so I was a bit leary.

And whoever said do some more research is right. I know nothing about these. When I sent the guy the 3k for the Hellion kit, I bet I had not typed turbo in my search bar 3 times.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
And whoever said do some more research is right. I know nothing about these.
I read here for a few months then when I got the jist of things I started reading TTF more often. I asked damn near every question under the sun. If I didn't ask it I searched it. Search for threads by me from 09-10. Now I read the more advanced stuff and share what I know. Don't rush it and remember run e85...it is cheaper than 116 and it is more forgiving.

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
Even a squirrel finds a nut every once an awhile!!
Lets just hope the poor squirrel didn't find a diseased nut that was harvested with poor quality control in some rice paddy in China. The little fur ball may look amused at his find in the short term, but if he rots from the inside out from what he got his grimy paws on he may be chirping a different tune a year later.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Lets just hope the poor squirrel didn't find a diseased nut that was harvested with poor quality control in some rice paddy in China. The little fur ball may look amused at his find in the short term, but if he rots from the inside out from what he got his grimy paws on he may be chirping a different tune a year later.

:rofl:

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
That is what the guy claimed. They just haven't been around for a long time so I was a bit leary.

And whoever said do some more research is right. I know nothing about these. When I sent the guy for the 3k for the Hellion kit, I bet I had not typed turbo in my search bar 3 times.
I have pictures of my PTK kit that I ended up taking off. It wasn't bad quality, just an overall lower end kit. It used ball flanges on the headers rather then v-band. It had a small intercooler and cold-side. The drivers header blocked the oil filter and the adapter they ship with the kit doesn't fit with a 7 qt oil pan. I had to buy an expensive Canton billet oil filter adapter to get it in there between the hot side and the oil pan. For what the better designed newer kits cost, I don't think it is worth the time unless one of these is VERY cheap.....there may have been different versions of this kit, but thats the feedback on mine.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the feedback. Two weeks ago the kit was on a running car and now all I can see is a bunch of pipes. Of course he didn't tell me any problems with it, as is his engine for sale too. I am against buying a used hotrod engine to begin with. If someone is not totally honest with me on everything, no way I would do a deal. I ain't saying the guy is dishonest, but the did put a 1.90 valve eddy head on a 347. The other tell sign was with 7 pounds of boost on this engine, he made 400hp on a conservative tune. I ain't giving 4500 dollars for an engine and turbo kit making 400hp when I was making that with a junkyard motor. Kinda makes me think something is wrong.

Also, goatnipples, I singed up on the site so I will do some searcing and see what pops up. This is going into a street car for now so I want something that will last. Then one day put it on something else with a c-4 in the future.

·
Registered
5,236 Posts
I read here for a few months then when I got the jist of things I started reading TTF more often. I asked damn near every question under the sun. If I didn't ask it I searched it. Search for threads by me from 09-10. Now I read the more advanced stuff and share what I know. Don't rush it and remember run e85...it is cheaper than 116 and it is more forgiving.
What is TTF?

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
theturboforums

1 - 20 of 21 Posts