Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could have sworn there was a regular ford vehicle tech subforum but I cant find it...the ranger forums are all slow as aging-in-the-sun turds so figured maybe I cuold get some help in here.

1996 3.0 ranger, bought it last week (didnt want to buy a trailer and it was only $600) and just going through it. Check engine was on when I got it. My ebay elm327 Bluetooth code reader won't connect to it...first vehicle I have that won't lol.

Went to oreillys and read codes.

P0125 - usually bad ect sensor
P1443 - usually bad purge valve

The other two have me stumped....

P1000 - what? No clue
P1270 - what? Does this mean someone over revved it? It's a stick shift and I have not revved it too high for the 40 miles I have put on it. I put a 95 explorer cluster in it within 6 miles of owning it because I can't stand not having a tach on a stick car. Never hit red line so it makes me think P.O. was running it hard. Any ideas?

would either of these signal something is up with the ecu itself maybe why the elm 327 adapter cant read codes? I had a 98 ranger that I could read codes from just fine. Or are they just one time codes and as soon as I unhook the battery for 5 minutes they will be gone until someone does something stupid with it again?

yes, the 3.0 is a turd but hey, it hauls the lumber and sod just fine.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
P1000 drive cycle monitor not complete.

P1270 Ford Description Engine RPM/Vehicle Speed Limiter Indicates the vehicle has been operated in a manner which caused the engine or vehicle to exceed a calibration limit. The engine rpm and vehicle speed are continuously monitored by the Powertrain Control Module (PCM). The P1270 code is set when the rpm or speed fall out of calibrated range.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know how to pull info off google.

I'm wanting to know real world experience with these two codes. how does 1270 even happen? does this mean the engine was revved to the moon and back? did the crank sensor have a brain fart and report engine rpm to the ecu incorrectly? is the ecu just plain old and starting to brain fart? I know the A9L can have a bad capacitor that causes all kinds of goofy issues, maybe thats what is happening with this truck?

am I overthinking it and should just reset the codes?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts