Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to get some suggestions which turbo to run with me combination. First of all this will be a fun street car occacially driven at the track. Not an everyday driver though, just a fun weekend car.... Here are my specs,

Motor is 331
R-block
Low compression Ross pistons
Forged crank
AFR185's
Systemax Intake

I recently bought an On3 kit but am going to swap out the existing turbo with either a Precison, Turbonetics, or Garret. I am also going to swap out the 44mm with either a Tial or Precision.

What do you guys suggest for a good dependable turbo? Also AR size? As of now, I am leaning toward the Precision 7675 ball bearing.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Do you have any goals for the car?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am thinking of at least running 700 rwhp... I don't want something so fast that it is not fun to drive on the street.

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
Doing a similar build and that's what I'm thinking is the 7675 with a billet wheel and BB. Should be plenty to make 700 at mid boost. I'm building for 1000, tuning for 6-700.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
I'm 2v modular but also in the middle of a turbo build and will be going with the PTE 7675 turbo as well, shooting for 700-800

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
Cam was ground for a 331, Vic Jr. heads, Vic 5.0, and 76mm Turbo with .96. .81 would be a quick spool though! I may get a few different and play some day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts