Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my coupe to the track with trick flow set up and kinda dissapionted set consists of trick flow track heat heads ported to 1262 gasket , trick flow track heat intake ,trick flow stage 1 cam , longtubes, 24lb injectors,87mm pro-m maf , here is the best run

60ft 1.69
1/8 8.245 @ 83.97 mph
1/4 12.936 @106.21 mph

is the car dying out or something why is is so slow for the set up??

·
Registered
144 Posts
what was your timing set at ?

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
best run was set at 18* degrees car is stock weight coupe with 3:73's, stock shortblock

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Sorry to be a disappointment but the porting on the heads are way too big for a 302. I had a 306 that had 1262 ports but the motor was made to turn 7500. With a decent suspension setup you should be able to get 12.7's out of it.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I think it is doing alright for a street car also. Next moves if you want to keep it NA is more gear, take some weight out of the car and get a custom cam

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its a 306 i was thinkning the same it might be to big of head for the set up

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
I think a custom cam, and a tune will net better results, but the heads are too big for a N/A stock short block. Velocity plays a big roll on how a engine will perform. Its even more important when you have a lower C/R small ci motor.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
would it be a good idea to spray some nitrous in it ?

·
Registered
634 Posts
best run was set at 18* degrees car is stock weight coupe with 3:73's, stock shortblock
Transmission, suspension, tires, shift points etc.? If you want real help and possible answers more info is needed..........everything else is a crap shoot on the answers.

I assume its not the car in your sig:)...................

Porting done proffesionally or home ported? I would say on the info you've given that the car is seriously under performing.............

Also whats a "full weight" coupe? An '87 with manual everything or a loaded '93? Not trying to be a jerk but "generalized" info will get you "generalized" answers/suggestions................More info means more help:)

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
stock t-5 , king cobra clutch, 26x10x15 et drags shifting it at 6k rpms porting on the heads were done by a local speed shop , subframe connectors adujustable upper control arms and solid lower control arms 93 coupe with manual locks and manual windows

·
Registered
437 Posts
I have the trickflow top end kit with no porting(136,000 mile stock short block) on my 88gt. With a C-4 tranny and 4000 stall. I run 5.16 in the 330 with a 1.72 60'
Your coupe should be lighter than mine I still have power everything.
If you are shifting at 6000 make sure your using an aftermarket tach. My Auto meter tach lights up a 6000 and my stock gauge reads 7000. So you could be shifting at 5000 instead of 6000 if you are using stock tach

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
anyone else any thoughts

1 - 14 of 14 Posts