Ford Mustang Forums banner

Help with SCT

5K views 20 replies 5 participants last post by  CRGT500 
#1 ·
Trying to log my afr so I can make changes. Can't get though to SCT by phone. They put you on hold and never come back. They don't answer emails. How do I set this thing up to log and make changes to my afr?

I've followed the steps in their user manual 4.1. In paragraph 4. when you try to configure the letter are so small you can't read even with a magnifying glass.

#4 ·
Do not know if you will find the answer, but there are some guys doing some SCT data logging on the SVTperformance web site. Look under the Shelby GT500 2013-14 header.

#7 ·
As luck would have it, HP Tuner updated their new beta so I used it to adjust my fuel. They added Mass Air Period which is all I needed. I should have my fuel so it makes good power and safe. Didn't even use my SCT. I did program their file in and read the file with my HPT just to see what their tune looked like. They actually did a pretty good job. Would not work for my car with the mono blade tb and headers but for the noted mods looked good.

Now I have this new SCT to sell eventually. Want to be sure the new HPT beta does everything I need but so far it does. I need injector duty cycle but neither have it.

#10 ·
it's probably labeled injector pulsewidth, but the units for pulsewidth are not the standard msec, it's clock ticks

this is the conversion to get Duty cycle:

DC = FUEL_PW_CLKTIC1/(8* (4168264/RPM + 9.0094))

#14 ·
I took a snipping of everything under subtitle Fuel. Of course their are multiple titles but I would think injectors would be under fuel.

Other titles under ECM are Alternator, Diagnostic, Diesel, Drive by Wire, EGR, Engine, Environment, Ethanol, Exhaust, Exhaust temp, Fans, Fuel pump, Idle, IMRC, MAF, MAP, Miscellaneous, Misfire, 02 sensor and OBDII. Under Output Stator Control we have Alternator, EGR Environment, Evap, Fuel, Idle, Imrc, Miscellaneous, 02 sensor, Spark, Transmission and Variable camshaft. Then Spark, Throttle, Torque, Transmission, Turbo and Variable Camshaft.

Attachments

#19 ·
Exactly! Already tried too.

Just to add to my post about SCT. They are pure idiots when it comes to their own product...or at least the two that responded to my questions. I am tuning a CV and when I plug it in it gives me two factory options..."Crown Victoria" and "4.6 Crown Victoria". I asked them what the difference was. The first response was scary...one is for the regular CV the other is for the 4.6 CV. The CV has had the 4.6 since the early 90's and that is what their tuner is for. When I pointed that out it was said that the tuner had been messed with...even though this is under their box tunes not custom tunes.

So obviously the people who are suppose to answer your questions about their products, have no idea what they are talking about...and I have yet to find out what the difference is between the two box tunes.

I do have a Diablo Trinity that I love, but it only works on '05 and new CV's. I used it on my Charger, but since I have sold that car the tuner is just sitting waiting for me to buy something I can use it on.
Pick up an HP Tuner. I have and HP Tuner but it's not complete yet for my GT500.

#18 ·
Just to add to my post about SCT. They are pure idiots when it comes to their own product...or at least the two that responded to my questions. I am tuning a CV and when I plug it in it gives me two factory options..."Crown Victoria" and "4.6 Crown Victoria". I asked them what the difference was. The first response was scary...one is for the regular CV the other is for the 4.6 CV. The CV has had the 4.6 since the early 90's and that is what their tuner is for. When I pointed that out it was said that the tuner had been messed with...even though this is under their box tunes not custom tunes.

So obviously the people who are suppose to answer your questions about their products, have no idea what they are talking about...and I have yet to find out what the difference is between the two box tunes.

I do have a Diablo Trinity that I love, but it only works on '05 and new CV's. I used it on my Charger, but since I have sold that car the tuner is just sitting waiting for me to buy something I can use it on.

#21 ·
I can make any changes I want to my tune file already with HP Tuner. I just can't log everything I want to log to determine what to change. But they keep adding so hopefully soon they will have Injector Duty Cycle. That's the only thing I need right now.

Most say my factory injectors are ok up to about 700 rwhp. I'm at 707.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.