Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I need 4 fittings to re do this system with AN stuff.

Im pretty sure the piece right on the engine is a 1/2 npt but does anyone know if the other one that the filter screws into is 1/2n npt as well?

It looks smaller to me, maybe a 3/8?

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Why dont you run a shorty filter instead of relocating?? M1-102 or something is the filter number from mobil 1. Its a nice filter. Actually weighs more than the other stock filters. I just put an On3 kit on my fox and i just used the shorty style filter for my block.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why dont you run a shorty filter instead of relocating?? M1-102 or something is the filter number from mobil 1. Its a nice filter. Actually weighs more than the other stock filters. I just put an On3 kit on my fox and i just used the shorty style filter for my block.

I have a 4.6, I dont think its possible to run a shorty for me.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Is that what you ended up using? Also what size hose did you use?
My bottom end finally broke so Im in the middle of installing a proline built shortblock and wanted to take care of those rubber hoses while it was out.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Is that what you ended up using? Also what size hose did you use?
My bottom end finally broke so Im in the middle of installing a proline built shortblock and wanted to take care of those rubber hoses while it was out.
Buy some -8 or -10 AN hose and fitting, dont use that junk that comes with it.....

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
I have been using the rubber hose and clamps for a while now. But, while I have it apart I'm gonna upgrade to some real ends and hoses. This short block cost too much to risk it

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
294 Posts
I used a oil filter out of ford escape, no problems so far

·
Authorized corral.net Advertiser
2,829 Posts
We have everything here to be able to run braided black nylong -8 and all black anodized fittings. Im going to be putting a kit together for guys wanting to upgrade or to just include in new purchases.

If your doing it on your own, the one plate has 2 - 3/8npt fittings and the other plate is 2- 1/2"npt. Any other questions about that let me know

1 - 13 of 13 Posts