Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't get it I have nitto drag radials gt40 heads e303 cam gt40 intake 3.73 gears full exhaust (straight piped with flow masters and headers) intake no smog no a/c t5 and act tune, I couldn't get better than 9.67 with a 2.4 60ft at 71 mph, I have brand new rear upper and lower control arms that I haven't put on yet along with new rear shocks. Car did sit in a field for three years also. I was spinning a little bit still I just cant believe I'm going that slow.

·
Registered
77 Posts
That 2.4 60ft is killing your time. Get those nittos really hot in the burn out box and maybe do a tune up with new plugs,wires,cap,rotor and bump your timing to 14°. Should get down to a 1.8- 1.9 60f

·
Registered
655 Posts
Yeah, the 60' is no good, but neither is the 9.67. I'm not familiar with 1/8 mile times, so I converted the 9.67 to 1/4 mile. A couple different calculators show low 15's. - Not good. I don't know if the 71 mph is good for a car with your mods or not, not being an 1/8 mile guy.
What's it weigh?

·
Registered
629 Posts
You're gonna have to put some slicks on the thing to get it out of the hole. Drag Radials don't like 5-speeds much. Personally I think Nitto's are junk anyway. If you're set on using a Drag Radial, get a Mickey Thompson.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Years ago my coupe wouldn't beak the 12.00 with a bfgoodrich 255/60/15. Put on some Mickey Thompson drag radials (same size) and bam. 11.67 with no other changes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Around 3000lbs this is a new engine maybe 1000 miles so tune up not necessary I have timing already advanced it wasn't a good night at the track for anyone but I couldn't even beat my g8 gt that has stock tires I was getting 9.1s and 2.0 60ft at 80mph and it only has 300whp and weighs 3900 lbs

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Sometimes advancing the timing can hurt ET and especially MPH. Worth thinking about and possibly doing a little testing & tuning at the track. Sometimes the dyno's will lie to you, as I've learned. Max HP doesn't necessarily mean best ET/MPH.

·
Registered
912 Posts
A good driver should be about a mid 8 & 85mph with those mods,on sticky tires. Possible the bottom end,or valve springs are really tired,not enough air,fuel,or timing advance?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts