Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, so I have a set of MM front coil overs. They are the MMCO-1 Mustang Coil-over Kit, Front, Bilstein and Yellow MM Struts, 1979-2004. They are for my 88 Fox body. Now I talked with the guys there knowing they didn't come assembled but I'm having a tough time setting them up. I'm stuck on filing down the top lip area if you will. How much did you guys file down? I'm blue collar and cant really afford to mess these up. Any help in the right direction would be great. I talked with them on the phone and they stated just file it enough for the top piece to fit properly. Sorry if I'm not explaining things well. I don't have the coil kit in front of me.

Brandon

·
Registered
102 Posts
Just take your time filing until the upper spring retainer just fits over that portion of the shaft. Keep checking and rechecking. I don't remember having to take much material off mine at all.

·
Premium Member
3,115 Posts
Step #25 from the installation instructions:

Slide the Upper Spring Perch over the strut shaft to check for clearance around the shoulder that is at the top of the large-diameter section of the strut shaft. If the Upper Spring Perch does not clear this shoulder, file the shoulder down until the perch will just fit around the shoulder.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I carefully filed very lightly around the entire shoulder on both sides for our MM coilovers. Didn't have to remove much material at all to get the clearance needed for the upper spring perch.
S.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts