Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm down to replacing the original fuel system on the fox. It's a 383 with a turbo kit. Should be about 600-650 RWHP. I am going to try the aeromotive 11140 340lph pump since I already have one laying around. I'm going to get a set of 1/2 bore fuel rails. I'm down to the lines and FPR. I'm looking at a Aeromotive a1000 FPR but dont know if I should go with the 6 or 10 an fittings. What are you guys running for FPR / feed/return lines? This is all new to me :confused:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
x2

·
Registered
294 Posts
Run a -10 feed with a Y into two -8's into the fuel rails, then out of the rails with two
-8's into the regulator. then -8 return. DONE....

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Run a -10 feed with a Y into two -8's into the fuel rails, then out of the rails with two
-8's into the regulator. then -8 return. DONE....
I never understood why u guys waste money on this type of setup and not to mention how much mess it adds. Why not just run -8 to one rail, loop to the other, out that rail, into the regulator and -8 return. Simple, cheaper and able to handle 9s. Use pushlock, steel braid is junk.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I never understood why u guys waste money on this type of setup and not to mention how much mess it adds. Why not just run -8 to one rail, loop to the other, out that rail, into the regulator and -8 return. Simple, cheaper and able to handle 9s. Use pushlock, steel braid is junk.
Well i guess its according on your goals. I would trust your setup for about 900hp. I have mine ran the way i said, but i plan on making about 1200fwhp.
Its really hard to over-do a fuel system.

I agree about the push-loc, Its good stuff.

·
Registered
153 Posts
The old parallel vs series debate. The theory is that parallel will give more even fuel distribution. But it is an age old debate without a lot of real data either way.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Well i guess its according on your goals. I would trust your setup for about 900hp. I have mine ran the way i said, but i plan on making about 1200fwhp.
Its really hard to over-do a fuel system.

I agree about the push-loc, Its good stuff.
I meant 9s in the 1/4 Hell really if ur pump is big enough and injectors are as well either way will work. I have seen 1,000hp+ on e85 done both ways. Ur money ur car....I'd rather spend my money on more than 8 billion fittings and a mess of hoses.

·
Registered
153 Posts
It is especially important to have the correct si2d return on e85! We have seen this first hand. If the return is too small, at idle and low loads your fuel pressure will go too high and then drop when the system starts to use fuel. If doing e85 plan on going with a large return. We saw this with dual 340 lph pumps. On gasoline it was fine, but with e85 the pressure just would not come down at idle due to the large amount of fuel being bypassed and the characteristics of e85.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts