Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey, i am building a dual purpose car out of my 81 t-top notch. First it will be a corner carver, then be able to handle a few passes down the strip. I am having custom subframe conectors and a custom cage done this winter.

Im not too sure what i want to do with the cage. I would like to have a rear shock tower brace made while its there. Do i tie the tubing into that, or do i have it welded to the trunk sheet metal? Also i have decided to go with curved door bars for easy access, it will also be a street cruiser. Does anyone have pics of their cage in a notchback? ANY help will be greatly appreciated.

Anything else i should do to help? The customs subs will be full length with jacking rails and supports in between.
I am also adding a Strut Tower Brace.
I plan on welding the torque boxes, and various joints throught the chassis. Is there any main joints i absolutly Should weld?
The car has a v6 in it with an automatic, and has been parked/driven by an old man since 1988. I dont think the chassis has to been twisted too much, so i think its a good starting point. Thanks TL

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great site and info. Love your video's from gingerman, wish i could have gone with the club. TL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts