Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The is car is dead nut 3 pounds of boost on dyno then graph leves and all the way to let off. This on a turbosmart pro gate 50mm wastegate with 7 psi spring. I don't hear any . I would think 4psi leak would be heard. I have verified the spring in wastegate.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Have you taken it on the street? Dyno can sometimes read low compared to street. Also how do you have the vacuum lines hooked up to the gate?

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It's not hook up to vacume it's hooked up to turbo out outlet so it's seeing boost. Top port vented bottom port to boost source

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If the wastegate and bov r working right and u hear no leaks and all ur connections r leak free check ur boast gauge and the line or hose
Boost gauge and dyno boost read the same. We are going to add another spring to waste gate.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Boost gauge and dyno boost read the same. We are going to add another spring to waste gate.
Adding a spring is only going to make things worse if you have a boost leak which is what it sounds like. Aren't you running an on3 kit? It could be a hotside or cold side leak and it doesn't take much of anything to keep it from making boost. A simple pin hole in a weld could make it do that

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think I'm leaning towards a boost leak. I think we are going to look at bov a little closer. Yes its a highly reworked on3 kit. I'm 99.9 % sure there is no hot side leaks .

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
i know a guy that took all his cold side piping and pressure tested it with dyes. With the dyes any tiny leak will show. If there is a boost leak, after its fixed the car will run 100x better and the turbo will be alot more responsive

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It should it's a percision IC rated at 800 hp

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for everyone's help turned out to be a few things going on. Bad bov and a few boost leaks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts