Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in the market for a complete turbo kit for my 92 gt, anyone have a certain company that i could look into, its for a street application, every day kinda use....... looking for something 100% complete....

·
Registered
241 Posts
than what is it you suggest,
well, if i had to spend my money for a quality even though i dont like how some of the kit is made, would be hellion... but for that price you can have a total cutom kit. My buddy has a complet custom kit, two 60-1 with kooks headers, delta gates and custom piping and in total he spent 4500 in parts and labor... And by far quality wise and design better then any kit out there ie v bands, coated etc. it all depends what you really want, but i have found if you save the money and find a good race shop, these's nothing that cant be done with in your price range.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Check out: theturboforums,com
And no there not ALL junk. B&G custom turbo's and Pony Down have many satisfied customers. Check out the "turbo kit" feed back section at the turbo forums. There are thousands of posts there with tons of turbo info. Good luck!:king:

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
B & G hands down. Great product, good guys, and the support is really great. I know they had a stage 1 kit that they marked down for awhile at 2500 with a T70 free upgrade. It might be up to 3000 again, good stuff though.

·
Registered
862 Posts
my roomate had a b&g kit on his 95, it was really nice especially considering what it cost. i had a turbo technology kit and i liked it. their stuff is high dollar but its also top shelf and layed out nice. if i had to do it again id probably go with the b&g kit.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
turbo kits

well i checked out both sites seems like b & G is the route i might wanna go , hp turbo systems seem like your just paying for that hollywood look , hellion seems to be just as pricey as hp....... and $2500 special is still running,,,, ive also heard horror stories pertainning to the wait to get a hp kit, i knew of a couple people who waited a hand full of months to even see it...,,,does n e one know if the b & g kit is 100% complete, and is fine for a every day type abuse..

·
Registered
862 Posts
the turbo kit itself comes with everything, but you will probably still have to get some more support stuff. it depends on how much power you want to make and how big your pockets are. there are a lot of things you can do to 'get by' without the frills, but when you do that there are always compromises to be made. if you think you can spend $2500, bolt it on and have it be perfect like a new porsche 911 turbo, it wont happen. to get it perfect you are going to have to tune it and make more mods. but its pretty easy to make 400rwhp on a stock motor and get the tune safe with stock electronics.

as an old timer once told me: "if you have to ask you are probably in over your head."

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah i understand that, im plannin on building a 351w with a main support system, and with all the good stuff, theres a local guy by me that tunes turbo cars and also has a dyno..... my trans, and rear can withstand alot more than 400 horse, the suspention is done, along wih cage an subframes........like to build a low 11 sec capable street car, possibly in the 10s with maybe some more boost/tune......i ve built this car frome the ground up, just want a kit thats nice, complete, and isnst to expensive......rather spend more money for quality.....so i guess B&G might be the direction im lookin towards... i think?????

·
Registered
862 Posts
the b&g is as complete as it gets. its a great kit. quality is on par with the more expensive cartech and turbo technology kits ive messed with. i cant speak for hellion or HP: just my personal experience with b&g, TTi & cartech. they are all nice.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
yeah i understand that, im plannin on building a 351w with a main support system, and with all the good stuff, theres a local guy by me that tunes turbo cars and also has a dyno..... my trans, and rear can withstand alot more than 400 horse, the suspention is done, along wih cage an subframes........like to build a low 11 sec capable street car, possibly in the 10s with maybe some more boost/tune......i ve built this car frome the ground up, just want a kit thats nice, complete, and isnst to expensive......rather spend more money for quality.....so i guess B&G might be the direction im lookin towards... i think?????
I do believe the kit for a 351 is a hair more expensive (it's sold in far lower volumes I believe) and will not work on a 302 (and vice versa).

I will say their quality is excellent, as is their customer service.

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Just talk with them. You will want to upgrade to there bigger options, because a 351 will want to flow more than a 302. Definitely want something bigger than a T-70, and using a T-4 flange is pushing it for back pressure. I got quoted around 56-5800 for a twin setup for my 408using 62-1's or 60's. Lots of money but with twins you can run all the accessories.

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
302 turbo kits will not fit on a 351W.

You need a T-76 turbo minimum for a 351W or you might
as well just stick with a 302 and T-70.

Go with B&G if you have a 351.
Ponydown.net also makes a 351 kit I think.

Thought of making it yourself ? It's a lot easier than you think ..........

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Someone is selling an incon kit in the classifieds. Those are nice. B&G is good quality and value.
Erich

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
for the most part, just about every kit out there is junk... for what it cost a good company can build you one...
had a cartech kit on my mustang since 2002 nice fit and has worked flawlessly since 2002!!so as for all being junk,,,:lol:might wanna get your facts straight:blam:

·
Registered
241 Posts
had a cartech kit on my mustang since 2002 nice fit and has worked flawlessly since 2002!!so as for all being junk,,,:lol:might wanna get your facts straight:blam:
i'm glad your happy and my facts are straight... my point is for what you spend for a true kit..... "YOU CAN HAVE SOMETHING BETTER" I guess you may not have any god fab shops near you, but thats not to say for the person asking... Maybe, my word "junk" got to you sorry.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts