Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my mini tub done and tried it out. have strange DA team z small tire valving shocks. set at 5 on comp and 3 on rebound. front set at 6. car weighs 2706lbs with me in it. running 29x12 slicks. best 60ft I could get was 1.35.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
cant get the video to load on here.grrr.

·
Premium Member
2,585 Posts
If it has the 3.73 gears like mentioned in the sig, with a 29" tall tire....there is your problem. Need a minimum of a 4.10 gear with the 29" tire.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry have not updated my signature. It has 4.10 gears. went to Bremerton last weekend and set a new personal best. was running 1.30 60fts and 9.48-9.50 at 141mph. after my first initial hit of putting it on the bumper and coming down hard. I tightened up the front struts to 8 from 5 and seemed to work. still wheelies out past the 60ft mark. tires about 18inches off the ground. Going to be running in the divisional open this coming weekend. going to tighten the front struts up 1 more click and see if i can get the car moving forward more and less wheelie. hard to get a good light when its going up before moving forward.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
That's a ton of tire for a car that light and (relatively) low powered. Are you actually having traction problems? Or are you just trying to calm the wheelstands? I'd bet you could pick up at least two tenths with less tire. Sounds like you might need less A/S, too. I agree that tightening the fronts should help. You could also try tightening the rebound on the rears (or softening the compression on the rears, or both).

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
our local track is not very good. Used to run 28x10 before i mini tubbed it. Not spinning now. times in sig are at bremerton which is a decent track. track here in forks is not good. just trying to make car more consistant. It is now. Just gotta get the wheelies down to about 6 inches. Make forward momentum and not waste it lifting front end. I know the car has 5.90's in the 1/8th and 9.40's in the 1/4 in it.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Gotcha - try the shock/strut adjustments and see how that helps. You can always try front end travel limiters too. Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts