Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just talked to a tech about my needs but I just would like a Mustang opinion as he didn't sound confident in his suggestion. I have a Fox coupe 351W setup. I am running a coilovered 150# double adjustable front and have removed my coil-over rears, moved back to the stock location (spring on lower control arm). I want to run a 2.5" coil-over spring and he suggested I start with 150# in the rear. Does that seem correct with 150# front? Rear shocks are also double adjustable.

Looking for help to see if that sounds correct?

I have height adjusting rear lowers and was wonder if the 12" 150# 2.5" spring are what I need.

I have mocked up the ride height with team z stock location springs but have a clearance issue with my anti roll bar so I think to easiest solution is the smaller spring. That being said will the 12" be long enough to give me a similar stance or do I need to consider a longer/shorter spring? And does 150# spring sound like the best starting point?

Thanks
Scott

·
Premium Member
2,527 Posts
I run a 175 lb/in rear spring in mine. Each vehicle is different and could want something else. My car is drag only on a small tire.

·
Premium Member
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I run a 175 lb/in rear spring in mine. Each vehicle is different and could want something else. My car is drag only on a small tire.
I was hoping you might chime in, was reading some of your post. So maybe the advise was good for me. I am more street than drag but by street I mean less than 100 miles per year just out for ####s and then maybe a drag weekend or two with friends.

What length?

·
Premium Member
2,527 Posts
I would have to go home and measure or find the receipt. If I remember by the time I get home tonight, I will look.

·
Premium Member
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No worries. I would like to know to compare. I measured my ride height with weight and came up with a 12" should be what I need and still have use of the adjustable lower.

Thanks for the quick help.

·
Premium Member
2,527 Posts
So it looks to be a 12" spring. Compressed length is 9" as installed on the car. Using an upper perch adjustable mount.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Whats the weight on the rear tires? Ever try a stiffer spring?

·
Premium Member
2,527 Posts
Whats the weight on the rear tires? Ever try a stiffer spring?
Well at 3150 lbs, if 53% is on the front, that means 47% is on the rear. 47% of 3150 is 1480 lbs. Figure in transferring the other 53% to the rear on the launch and that is about as good as it gets. :grin2:

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Well at 3150 lbs, if 53% is on the front, that means 47% is on the rear. 47% of 3150 is 1480 lbs. Figure in transferring the other 53% to the rear on the launch and that is about as good as it gets. :grin2:
Ever try a stiffer spring?

·
Premium Member
2,527 Posts
I have no reason to try a stiffer rear spring. What I have works.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts