Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Little rundown on the car.
03’ terminator with twin Precision 64’s being controlled by the AMS-1000 boost controller. Laid down 1060rwhp on dyin @ 23psi. Trans is a turbo 400, reverse manual valve, with transbrake on 1st & 2nd. “3500-3600” stall ( PTC said this is the one to use and figured they were correct since they’re the manufacturer.

The problem we’re having is no matter what the 2 step is set at and no matter what the boost controller is turned up to the car won’t build more than 10-11 total boost psi while WOT and on the trans brake. Regardless of how long it sits there, or how high the car is revved it just won’t spool any higher.
Once the car CRAWLS off the line, literally not even cracking the tire loose and gets past the 60’ it sounds like a jet engine spooling and takes off like a bat outta hell LOL
Just frustrating when the 60’ times are 1.9-2.1 and 1/4 ET is mid/low 11’s with a mph at 150. Any advice OTHER than saying the stall is too tight??? Thank you guys!

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
What a/r exhaust housings are you running? Gen 2 64's?

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
A/R will be 68, 81 or 96. Higher number will flow more but spool slower.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Little rundown on the car.
03’ terminator with twin Precision 64’s being controlled by the AMS-1000 boost controller. Laid down 1060rwhp on dyin @ 23psi. Trans is a turbo 400, reverse manual valve, with transbrake on 1st & 2nd. “3500-3600” stall ( PTC said this is the one to use and figured they were correct since they’re the manufacturer.

The problem we’re having is no matter what the 2 step is set at and no matter what the boost controller is turned up to the car won’t build more than 10-11 total boost psi while WOT and on the trans brake. Regardless of how long it sits there, or how high the car is revved it just won’t spool any higher.
Once the car CRAWLS off the line, literally not even cracking the tire loose and gets past the 60’ it sounds like a jet engine spooling and takes off like a bat outta hell LOL
Just frustrating when the 60’ times are 1.9-2.1 and 1/4 ET is mid/low 11’s with a mph at 150. Any advice OTHER than saying the stall is too tight??? Thank you guys!
Sorry man, if it's not building boost it's All in the converter, I would go with a smaller diameter and looser converter when you replace it, otherwise your shortening the #### out of the life of your transmission just sitting there on the Transbrake at WOT and trying to build boost. If you keep doing that and don't get a looser converter, you'll be replacing the Transmission and the converter very soon.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Before you start changing parts, find out what a/r exhaust housing you are running.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Before you start changing parts, find out what a/r exhaust housing you are running.
I believe they’re the Gen 2 BB divided .84 V band. They’re 6266’s. Like I said no matter what can’t get it to rev past 3200 on the transbrake at 10psi, let off the tb it crawls out a little spools up like a jet engine and away she goes but it’s usually to far gone to get the win lights. I have a video I’ll email you it or something

1 - 9 of 9 Posts