Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that when I hit 2000 rpm it get a strange noice from my motor. it sounds like some type of vibration. I'm thinking it could be a heat sheild because it is a similiar sound my brother had with his Eclipse a few years ago. Anyone have the same prob. and if so how did you fix it?

Thanks,
Pete

·
Registered
399 Posts
I changed out my O/R h-pipe to a VRS catted X/P two weekends ago plus I washed the underneath of my car as well as the engine. I hadn/t driven it in about 6 weeks. I drove it a few miles about one day after I did all this and I started getting a vibe at exactly 3000 rpm. I flipped out because at first I thought it was doing it in only 3rd gear. Then I noticed it in first and second. I thought it might have been moisture in the electronics. Turned out I had my X/P lifted to high and it had the L/T's in tension causing the vibe. Boy was I relieved. I would have bet a weeks pay that it was a drive train vibe.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This noise is def. something coming from the motor. It can't be my h-pipe cause its been on for a few years now. Anyone have any problems with heat sheilds or anything?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts