Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and need some help. I have a 98 GT and have been experiencing some "wierd" problems. I have a complete MAC exhaust, long tube headers, high flow H-pipe and cat-back. Those are the only mods I have and I have not had a chip burned to correct the air/fuel or anything else. Just recently I have been driving around when it seems that the throttle is sticking and the RPMs stay up even when I have my foot off the throttle. I know for sure that it is not the actual throttle itself, is it the IAC valve? Has anyone else run into this before? Please help.....

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
I have heard of this before. U might want to check you TPS sensor. (Throtle Positon Sensor) It's the black thing located/connected to your TB. That might be sticking. Or check your PCV valve. One last thing, if u bought the car used check the maf. The post might be cut or something that the maf is reading causing the problem. Good luck. -Mark

·
US Air Force Active Duty
1,941 Posts
Just a thought, but have you had the "cruise control cable" recall done? It sounds like it could be the cruise control holding the RPMs, thinking it's supposed to be engaged.

I had the same thing you described happen to me one time, and it was right after I dis-engaged the cruise control when getting off the freeway. I turned the car off, and re-started it and the problem was gone.

Other than what he said, and the cruise control thing, I can't think of anything else. It could be the IAC, but I think the IAC usually gets stuck in the 'closed' position causing the car to stall and idle low, vs. getting stuck in the 'open' position.

You might also try resetting the computer by disconnecting the battery. Maybe it's 'learned' something it shouldn't have--who knows. You could have A.I. right there in your passenger kick panel! ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts