Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a forged 96 cobra and am currently running 30lb injectors with fmu on a P1sc procharger. I am making just under 10lbs of boost. I have purchased 42lb injectors to replace the 30's as I imagine they are at 100% or more. It has been dyno tuned for the 30lb injectors. Can I for the time being get my maf recalibrated for 42's and put the 42lb injectors in without a retune? Will the car run about the same or much more rich? Will I absolutely have to tinker with the fmu or can I get rid of it all together without a tune? Thanks

·
Indo-Canuck-Yankee
2,736 Posts
I have a forged 96 cobra and am currently running 30lb injectors with fmu on a P1sc procharger. I am making just under 10lbs of boost. I have purchased 42lb injectors to replace the 30's as I imagine they are at 100% or more. It has been dyno tuned for the 30lb injectors. Can I for the time being get my maf recalibrated for 42's and put the 42lb injectors in without a retune? Will the car run about the same or much more rich? Will I absolutely have to tinker with the fmu or can I get rid of it all together without a tune? Thanks
What ECU and tuner is being used?

·
Indo-Canuck-Yankee
2,736 Posts
Not sure about Superchips, but you wouldn't need to touch your MAF settings if you were using a Tweecer or Moates Quarterhorse.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts