Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help on planning for my suspension.

Trying to throw the needle on ok street manners but also being able to get reasonable 60 ft times.

347 with all the bolt ons going through a TKO600

I have new Lakewood 70/30s struts and strange adjustable for the rear.

No intention of coilover or aftermarket k member.

What springs works best for this kind of plan? I currently have stock springs and MM non adjustable control arms and reinforced torque boxes.

For the moment I run Nitto 555r tired but once I burn them off I’ll switch to ET streets.

Open to advice on how to maximise what I have with either new shocks and/or springs.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Save your $$ and keep the stock springs. If you can sell your existing rear shocks put the $$ into dbl adj shocks.

ks

·
Registered
9 Posts
OK Street manners is very subjective. Long ago when my car was stick it went a best of 1.46 60ft with 90/10's and Moroso front springs. They were a bear to install without cutting. You could also keep the front sway bar connected for street driving.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Stangdawg another thing is if you race it often know that any rubber/poly bushing control arm will eventually fail and come apart (faster with a stick and/or spool). GLWB

·
Registered
645 Posts
My car had lowering springs in it and I switched to the eibach drag springs. Probably like the Moroso springs, the front were tricky to get in. But man what a difference. My 60’ times went from 2.0 down to 1.6 ( also removed front sway bar and added the air bag in RR) and the car drives like a dream. So soft going down the road. I cannot say how the stock springs would be but if you had to replace springs my vote is for the Eibach drag springs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
I'd like to jump in here and hopefully not take the thread sideways.

Would the OP be better with Strange 10 way struts with coilovers up front?

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
I run a double adjustable in the rear and Strange 10 way single adjustable with a coil over in the front. Works just fine. But mine is all drag race set up.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
I run a double adjustable in the rear and Strange 10 way single adjustable with a coil over in the front. Works just fine. But mine is all drag race set up.
Rear springs?

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
Hyperco 200 lb/in rear, Afco double adjustable rear. Rear springs in stock location.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Hyperco 200 lb/in rear, Afco double adjustable rear. Rear springs in stock location.
Coilover springs in stock location in the rear?

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
I ran stock springs in the back and the 4 cylinder springs up front. 70/30's up front and 50/50's in the back. It was a street/strip budget car. Ran consistent 1.4's in the 60.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
I appear to be in the minority, but in my case it was all about the tire. Running real slicks made the biggest drop in 60ft (and ET). Suspension helped fine tune things, keep the car straight, etc. So I would advise the OP to get a set of 15" rims, a line lock and some slicks. Then gradually build up the suspension as needed based on what the car needs.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I have a 93 cobra with stock springs. Front are same as V8 front mustangs and the rear is 4cyl springs.
Have Strange 10 way single adjustable front and back.
Stock upper and lowers.

Ran a 1.56 60ft on 26in slicks.

I just adjust it for street manner and then when I go to the track set it at what works if humidity is high may take a little off.

On my new setup I am sticking with stock springs and keeping my 10 way shocks but adding a K member and A-arms with spring perches (PA Racing) and upper and lowers with bushings (Baseline)

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
I have a 93 cobra with stock springs. Front are same as V8 front mustangs and the rear is 4cyl springs.
Have Strange 10 way single adjustable front and back.
Stock upper and lowers.

Ran a 1.56 60ft on 26in slicks.

I just adjust it for street manner and then when I go to the track set it at what works if humidity is high may take a little off.

On my new setup I am sticking with stock springs and keeping my 10 way shocks but adding a K member and A-arms with spring perches (PA Racing) and upper and lowers with bushings (Baseline)
That seems just the opposite of what others use. Usually it's four cylinder springs up front and V8 springs in rear. How does it do on the street?

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
That seems just the opposite of what others use. Usually it's four cylinder springs up front and V8 springs in rear. How does it do on the street?
I've always been happy. Rides like a stock cobra. ( I normally put the shocks in street mode)

When I was first going to the track it would lift the front tire so I just stiffened up the rear with the shocks till it spins always a number or 2 stiffer on the back passenger.

I will add the sway-bars are different also

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I need some help on planning for my suspension.

Trying to throw the needle on ok street manners but also being able to get reasonable 60 ft times.

347 with all the bolt ons going through a TKO600

I have new Lakewood 70/30s struts and strange adjustable for the rear.

No intention of coilover or aftermarket k member.

What springs works best for this kind of plan? I currently have stock springs and MM non adjustable control arms and reinforced torque boxes.

For the moment I run Nitto 555r tired but once I burn them off I’ll switch to ET streets.

Open to advice on how to maximise what I have with either new shocks and/or springs.
The stock rear springs and strange 10ways you have now are fine. Put a ET Drag on the car and then see what the car needs. Radials or dot slick will waste your time. Not to say that it can't work, but you don't seem to be super serious so slicks will be your best bet.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts