Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's what I have 26x10.5 MT/ET Streets, BBK upper and lower control arms, Eibauk drag launch kit w/air bag, battery relocation kit, 70/30s and 50/50s.

I tried different launch rpms and tire pressures and the best I could do was a 1.947 @ 3000 rpms which really killed my ET. i also tried a 5000rpm launch like I usually do and my ET and mph got better but 60' dropped to 1.959 which is horrible. I was cutting high 1.7s with out wore out ET/drags. I was also playing with the pressure and went from 16 psi down to 12 psi. I really didnt want to go lower because at 12 psi it was squirrelly down track. I had my runs video taped and was spinning all through first and half-way through second. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
HUB

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Could just possibly be cause they are streets. The streets do not hook as well as the drags. Also, it may have been a bad night for the track itself, did you only get 1 night to test? Go back and try again and see what happens.

BTW, you should be pullin 1.6s at least. What track you run at?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im running at the California Speedway in Fontana. The track is only fair as far as hooking goes but Im used to pulling 1.7s outta crappy old/used ET/Drags at the same place.
HUB

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
I have some good reading in my sig if you haven't seen it yet that may give ya some ideas on what to look for..

Regards
ks

·
Registered
80 Posts
I know ET streets take soem time to come around. Also you are only running 8.2" of tread on the ET streets. I notice a difference when going to the 11.50 which is close to 10" tread.

Also if the ET's are new then they take some time to come around... I went my fastest on my beat ass streets and now I am working to make the NEW ones work as good.. Go figure..
I run mine down around 12psi also..

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm hooking good with 1.5 60 foot times. I've got factory springs and shocks, all I have is lakewood lower control arms. I've be droping the clutch at 6000 rpms with 28 x 10.50 ET Drags. I think you should go with the 28 x 10.50 and a little more gear to compisate for the taller tire so you dont lose your ratio.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts