Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I now have 98 GT wheels with Kumho MX's mounted. I just picked up a set of 03 Cobra wheels. I'm torn if I should transfer the MX's (245 sreies) over to the Cobras, buy new tires for the Cobras and sell the GT's, or keepthe 98's and get some r-comps for the cobras? Car is a fox that will see at least one autocross per month as well as at least 2 or 3 track days this summer.

What do ya think?

·
Registered
306 Posts
everyone says once you go r-comps you never go back... so it.
i wouldnt do the 245's on the cobras... i ran 275's on mine with my 95... as long as they'll fit on a fox

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
I wouldn't bother getting the tires swapped out. You aren't going to accomplish much. I would just keep running the 98 wheels with the MX tires and save up some coin for r-comps on the other wheels. Once you wear out the Kumho's you'll be ready for a new set and have the funds in waiting.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
You will be much happier with 275s on the Cobra wheels than those 245s.
No doubt...I hate that "stretched tire" look. :(

As for the "...once you go R comp's you never go back", Uhhhg, I did. It's been pretty frustrating, I won't lie. I mainly did it for financial reasons though. If I had the budget and were still into the sport like I was, i'd still be towing my car to events and buying new V710's every year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts