Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the track this weekend and ran a [email protected] with a 2.0 60ft and a [email protected] with a 1.96 60ft.

now there were a few issues with the car. for one it needs a tune badly. the first run my afr was around 11.5 and i leaned it out a tad the second one and got 12.0, so its obviously very rich.
*note that it only runs rich when wot not when driving, the cars getting tuned on the 24th so i know its not safe to run it that rich*

also:
my pinion angles off, so if i try and do a burnout all i get is bad wheel hop, so i didn't get to heat up my 555r's any more than just flooring it from the water box to clean them off. because they weren't heated up i launched my car off idle instead of dropping the clutch at 3k or something.

now do you think with a tune to pick up maybe another couple mph and if i can get my 60 ft's down to around a 1.7 or better would that be close for a 11? or do i need to do more suspension wise? Over the winter I'm going to invest in a front kmember/drag struts, some better rear ca's and get some air bags for the rear springs, and some et streets, with that and a tune i'm counting on 11's, or should I look for dissapointment?

also the cars got quite a bit taken out of it, so i'd say it would weigh around 3150 with me.

here's my mods:
347, ci cam, canfield 195's, and systemax intake.
bbk el shorties, o/r h pipe, flow 40's dumped before axle.
all normal bolt ons etc.
tko 3550 trans, mcleod clutch, aluminum shaft
8.8 with 31 spline axles/diff, carbon clutch pack, 4.10's.
nitto 275/40 555r's.

mac u/l control arms, lake wood 50/50 shocks, stock rear springs, 4cyl front springs with stock struts, subframes.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Get those ET Streets on and say hello to Nitrous. I picked up almost 2 full seconds in the 1/8th with a 150 shot and removing the sway bar. Then this last weekend I put on a set of shorter drag tires (went from 28x11.5x15 MT ET Streets to 26x9x15 Hoosier) and a pair of skinnies and picked up another .25-.30

The difference is just unreal. My best run was a 7.87 @ 88mph with a 1.74 60ft. I know the calculators arent spot on, but that puts me around 12.3 in the quarter with an AOD with stock stall, stock E7 heads, stock cam, and no tune. And this is in a 3200lb car without driver.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was told by quite a few people the motors good for 11's. so i plan on testing that. I will use nitrous eventually but I'd like to hit 11's first with the engine set up I have now. I believe my trap speeds are very close if not at what I need. Just need to get the car there.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
your 2 things holdong you back are tires and driver

get some 26x10 et drags
do a healthy 2nd gear burnout
dump the clutch at 5k like you have a pair
drive it like you stole it

when you do the burnout, roll into the waterbox, turn the tires over 3 or 4 revolutions to get them wet, roll out of the water, dump the clutch in 2nd gear and move your left foot to the brake pedal, keep the motor about 5k, after you start to see smoke come forward count 3mississipi, take your foot off the brake and floor it spin halfway to the line and lift. stage the car, hold the motor at 5k, let the clutch pedal out about 1/3 of the way to take up the slack, hold the brake pedal with the inside of your right foot, on the 2nd yellow mat the throttle, 3rd yellow let your foot off the clutch and hang on, the 1-2 shift comes pretty quick. drive the car hard if you dont it wont run hard

that will go 11's

if your not that brave get a c4 with a 4200stall and a transbrake then all you'll need to do is learn how to do a burnout and click the shifter

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if the car didn't wheel hop so bad I would of tried that this weekend. but thanks for the write up. I shall try that as soon as i can cure the wheel hop!

I know the car does need a driver mod as well lol. its not that i'm afraid to beat on it cause i'm not, but i just need more seat time, this is the first performance oriented 5sp car i've driven.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
im trying to get my turd into teh 11's too so i feel your pain lol. im hoping some suspension will get me there also.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
if your low on cash and you just want to make some passes you can try putting the quad shocks back on temporarily. nothing to lose right?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
if your low on cash and you just want to make some passes you can try putting the quad shocks back on temporarily. nothing to lose right?
good idea. I'll try it. if i can find the mounts for them lol. I knew I shoulda just left those on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts