stock shortblock
tf 170s
on3 kit 11ish lbs
42 lb injectors
42 lb maf from kit
255lph
plugs gapped at .025
timing locked out at 18 degrees

Heres the thing, the car feels great in 2nd gear, gets all kinds of sideways on slicks, in 3rd and 4th the car feels terrible under load, afr low 11s boost holding at 11 lbs. It doesnt feel like its breaking up, just feels slow as hell. No power. I am confused since it feels fine in the lower gears. Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
stock shortblock
tf 170s
on3 kit 11ish lbs
42 lb injectors
42 lb maf from kit
255lph
plugs gapped at .025
timing locked out at 18 degrees

Heres the thing, the car feels great in 2nd gear, gets all kinds of sideways on slicks, in 3rd and 4th the car feels terrible under load, afr low 11s boost holding at 11 lbs. It doesnt feel like its breaking up, just feels slow as hell. No power. I am confused since it feels fine in the lower gears. Thoughts?
My car would crap out over 4500. I got an ignition box and it cleared up. You didn't list it there so I'm just throwing that out there.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bleh... runnin stock dizzy/msd coil/ford racing pos wires

whats an ignition box do exactly? Help spark from blowin out?

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no tune.. wasted too much money going to the tuner once for a tune my car wont idle on. Timings locked out at 18 degrees, which is nothing so doubt its timing

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It rev's/pulls clean in lower gears to redline?
yep. Well today it ran like crap most of the day. Ask one of your fox buddies if they wana buy this stupid kit sick of messing with it soon as I find a set of longtubes for sale its gone

·
Registered
444 Posts
its a minor tune issue not the kit check fuel pressure under load u may be droping pressure,what r u running for mufflers or open down pipe,what do the plugs look like,
can u roll in to it in 3rd or 4th does it change the way it runs. n/a will feel way to slow
try tuning it for 4th gear pulls and everything eles should fall in place
btw what plug are u runing

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
its a minor tune issue not the kit check fuel pressure under load u may be droping pressure,what r u running for mufflers or open down pipe,what do the plugs look like,
can u roll in to it in 3rd or 4th does it change the way it runs. n/a will feel way to slow
try tuning it for 4th gear pulls and everything eles should fall in place
btw what plug are u runing
dropping fuel pressure wouldnt make sense since afr stays perfect correct?
open down pipe, plugs look perfect
cant roll into 3rd or 4th, feel like crap either way in upper rpms
3923s

·
Registered
444 Posts
what kind of vac do u have out of boost possible intake gasket leak?
i am currently runing 0deg spout in with 6to8lbs with a 10.9 afr that may help u to turn the boost down and use the spout in.i have trouble with felpro intake gaskets sealing on tfs heads before i use rtv around the intake ports now to avoid it.
do u have e85 to use also helps a ton to tune with

·
Registered
806 Posts
When you decide to convert your vehicle to any type of forced induction system, it is very important to remember that:

1) a cooler spark plug is a MUST in order to prevent detonation
2) reducing the spark plug gap prevents spark blowout

The average spark plug gap between the electrode and the ground is determined by the engineers that have designed the ignition. Usually, when an engine is converted to being supercharged/turbocharged, the gap is reduced to approximately .032 to .035. This reduction in the gap helps prevent what’s known as “spark blowout" due to the increased amount of fuel and cylinder pressure. The higher the cylinder pressure the harder it is for the spark to occur. The ability of the spark to actually take place is enhanced by decreasing the spark plug gap.

You said your plugs are at .025

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
car makes roughly 15-17 inches of vacuum out of boost. .025 is what 90% of people run who are running 10ish lbs

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
starting to lean towards spark blow out... car doesnt break up just doesnt move like it should in the longer gears

1 - 19 of 19 Posts