Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone:
Sometimes in the morning I start my car and it will start up and then die. Also, sometimes the car has problems just starting up, I have to keep the key in the start position for a while. I took it last week to Ford and they found no codes, and said everything was fine. Well: still having the problem. :confused: Thanks for any advice you may have.

·
Registered
70 Posts
so what exactly is it doing? I have a problem with mine when I start it up on a cool morning and then jump right in and go it hesitates like it is running really rich. It will buck and choke and then just kick in like a bat from you know where all of a sudden. Is it that kind of problem. I think mine has something to do with auto choke prog. I guess it could be yours too although mine very rarely dies unless I am on the gas. does it do it all the time or just in cool/hot weather? more info please.
Greg

·
Registered
307 Posts
Check your IAC valve. It may have some carbon build up on it causing it to stick. I had this happen and keeping car running sometimes was hard. I found it stuck mostly when cold outside. When warm it rarely stuck.

IAC bolted to front of upper intake. Disconnect wires and unbolt then clean with carb cleaner.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. The problem is in the morning when I start the car, it will start and then die. One time I had to put my foot on the gas pedal and then it kept running with no problem. Interestingly, the dealership said that it might be the IAC valve, which gets stuck in cold weather. I thought it might be the Saleen Powerflash, but Saleen said that if it only started happening then it is not the flash. Any more insight. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts