Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, here we go: Granatelli cradle, granatelli +1 tubular A-arms, Granatelli Coil-Over 400 or 425 or 450lb/in springs, Granatelli Caster/Camber plates, Struts are Strange Engineering 10 settings rebound. OKie dokes, I've got about .75 degrees on my camber. I'm trying to stick something on the strut to get some kind of angle for my caster. Anyone know what I should do? And more importantly what the best settings are for autocross? I drive it on the road but I want it set for a flat surface also for car shows and amateur autocross.

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
OKie dokes, I've got about .75 degrees on my camber.
I recommend using negative camber instead of positive camber.

I'm trying to stick something on the strut to get some kind of angle for my caster. Anyone know what I should do?
Try searching here, you should be able to find the answers. (You can't stick something on the strut to measure caster.)

And more importantly what the best settings are for autocross? I drive it on the road but I want it set for a flat surface also for car shows and amateur autocross.
I'm confused. The handling requirements for car shows are substantially different than for autocross events. And it becomes even more confusing if you decide to start professionally autocrossing! :eek:

But anyway, I bet if you search this forum for "caster camber" you'll find alignment recommendations aplenty.

·
Registered
695 Posts
You should check with the SAE forum for the best alignment settings.......

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Zing! :p

(says probably the only other person who will understand that comment and find it amusing)

·
Registered
695 Posts
Now seems like the right time for some Sea Bass recipes......actually I prefer pan fried lake perch.

[You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink.]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts