Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, time for the dumbest question of the day! The bov (on3 kit) should be closed at idle right? The on3 turbo didn't have a port on the turbo to run line to the bov and wg so i ran them to a port on the intake. So obviously the vacumm is pulling the bov open! Do I need to dril and tap a hole in the turbo to run the bov and wg or is there a better way of doing this?

·
Banned
800 Posts
The BOV should be running from a manifold vacuum source. The wastegate is what gets connected to the nipple that is usually on the compressor housing.

You didn't mix up an external wastegate for your BOV, did you?

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
As stated above, the blow off valve should see vacuum. It just needs a stiffer spring in it to hold it closed, mine did the same thing. You can order one for a Tial valve and it will work.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, did not mix the bov with the wg. That makes sense to get a stiffer sping in the bov! How do you go about choosing the right spring though? Could I shim the spring in the bov? That would make it stiffer in a way right?

·
Registered
753 Posts
Yes you could shim the spring but might not need to. If the bov isnt already closed at idle as long as the bov snaps shut when you rev it at idle thats fine. You dont want the spring too stiff a thin washer about the same diameter of the spring base will do the trick though.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
No, did not mix the bov with the wg. That makes sense to get a stiffer sping in the bov! How do you go about choosing the right spring though? Could I shim the spring in the bov? That would make it stiffer in a way right?

Yes, you can shim it.

If you check out Tial's website, they give a recommended spring for how many inches of vacuum your motor pulls at idle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts